Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters with (half?) a Bachelors?

Options
  • 21-05-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Went to DIT a few years ago and finished all my stuff although I failed 2 things and due to moving abroad and a few other things I never got around to resitting the 2 papers, so I don't have a Bachelors degree but it could be said i've done 95% of one. :/

Anywhooo, I'm moving to Sheffield to live with a few friends in the near future and I'm thinking of applying for a Masters. (Marketing, business, that kind of area - like the bachelors)

But could I get in or do masters programs have a strict, you must have a bachelors degree type of approach to their entry? I've worked for 3 years since the bachelors ending so was hoping I could use that to my benefit?

Any advice be really good and I'll try to take them on board. Think I've said it all there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

It's entirely possible to use work experience in place of an undergrad but it's very much up to the particular institution. So your best bet is to contact the university in question and see what their requirements are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, most colleges will accept work experience in lieu of a qualification, but it depends on demand. And colleges may request interviews or testing (GMAT).

Contact your college and see if you have a partial qualification, or maybe even can resit the exams... ye never know, esp if you did something generic enough like business.

Advertisement