Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to the opera for the first time. What to wear??

• 21-05-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Im bringing my husband to the opera on Sat. It's the first time we are going to a full one and i still can't seem to make up my mind what to wear. Now we are going to the theathre on the Northside called O'Reilly Theathre. I hadn't heard of it before.

We are going for dinner in Ely bar and brassiere before hand for dinner. Would anyone have any idea what i could wear. i have a long dress that i could get away with with a wrap but i would just like to double make sure.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Normal clothes does fine. People watch too much TV and get strange notions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think a long dress and wrap might be too dressy. I would say a shorter dress or trousers would be more appropriate, something like you would wear out to a nice dinner. Enjoy your night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Brilliant thanks for those suggestions. i was thinking the whole dress thing prob doesn't happen around dublin all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Only ever been in London, and LBDs are the staple uniform for women, dressed either up or down dependent on age. I have no idea if that is the norm here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Agreeing with LBD and heels - can't go wrong.

Or, something like a black skirt plus a dressy top, or with a bit of sparkle, ruffle etc and a necklace, nice earrings -
    and people do quite often wear a pretty jacket with a fur collar or something - not OTT, but for an evening date you might as well show your nicest stuff on your top half - it is a compliment to your companion apart from anything else.

Sounds like a lovely evening, too - I hope you both have a great time! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Ear defenders.

Advertisement