Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which oven to choose urgent

Options
  • 21-05-2015 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I need some advice please. My 15 month old oven front glass pane exploded spontaneously shooting glass all over tha kitchen last Monday week. After protracted discussions with the vendor they have finally agree to replace and install a new one, they are. Offering me the following options

Cata single fan oven
    Cata conventional oven 50l
    Cata single multi function oven
    Cooke and Lewis multi function 59ltr
    Hot point multifunction 59ltr

Advice appreciated as to which you would take from this list. I was just glad the kitchen was empty at the time an no one was injured, but glad they are finally willing to do something. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I need some advice please. My 15 month old oven front glass pane exploded spontaneously shooting glass all over tha kitchen last Monday week. After protracted discussions with the vendor they have finally agree to replace and install a new one, they are. Offering me the following options

Cata single fan oven
    Cata conventional oven 50l
    Cata single multi function oven
    Cooke and Lewis multi function 59ltr
    Hot point multifunction 59ltr

Advice appreciated as to which you would take from this list. I was just glad the kitchen was empty at the time an no one was injured, but glad they are finally willing to do something. Thanks.

Can't help you decide but personally hotpoint stuff is fairly reliable.

We sell a lot of it in work along with candy indesit beko bosch etc can't comment on the other brands as we do not sell them

You might get more of a response over in the home appliance forum.

Best of luck with the new one ,only last week same thing happened to a customer of ours it seems a fairly common occurrence now .

Just curious was it the outer glass that it happened to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Thanks crazy dash, yes it was the outer glass. Could have been lethal if someone had been looking in throught it at the time. How often is this happening? According to the large well known outlet I bought it from they have never heard of it before over the last 12 years.

Advertisement