Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Dublin T2 - Self Checkin?

• 21-05-2015 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

Was just wondering about self checkin at T2 in Dublin with Are Lingus and seat selection.

I want to pick my own seat but don't want to have to pay an extra 20Eur to choose them online. But apparently, when using the self-checkin kiosk in T2, you have the option to choose a seat there?

Obviously, priority will be given to those who have paid for seat selection, but does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You can choose your own seat once free online check in opens, I think it's 24 hours before the flight but may be wrong. I wouldn't leave it until the airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's much less stressful and you will have better choice of seats if you do it from home - beginning 30 hours before the flight you can do a 'web check-in' and select your seat for free.

Click the link below and click the 'web check-in' button ......

http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformation/knowbeforeyoufly/check-in/web-check-in/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

another advantage of checking in the day before is that you are then guaranteed a seat.
    One of my last times flying from Dublin I was checking in 2 hours before, and there was barely a free seat on the plane.
    In busy periods Aer Lingus over book the plane, sell more seats than there are on the aircraft in the knowledge that normally a few dont turn up, so should by chance all people turn up, some will be left behind.

The airlines in that case ask if anyone would be happy with a later flight and will give cash compensation.
    A regular poster here was travelling with the family when the flight was overbooked and voluntarily rebooked and took the cash, so had about a Grand extra Holiday Money!

Advertisement