Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards ECW Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Big Zeke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

CM Punk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CM Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Punk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In the shock of the tournament, Punk exits stage left as the big man from Guyana marches on. Next up is two guys with very different styles.

Christian

Captain Charisma

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Sii,_Christian_campeón_de_ECW.jpg[/IMG]

Vs

Bam Bam Bigelow

The Beast from the East

7527238.jpg

Christian for me.

When he returned from TNA, he was great as the ECW champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Bam Bam for me,

It was the highlight of his ECW career and his matches with Taz were mostly great (tho dangerous)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Christian.

If Christian loses, the peeps riot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Bam Bam Bigelow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bam Bam ! He was massive in ECW pity he never got majorly over in WWE outside of that silly match with the american footballer

Christian is the epiphany of a midcard performer for me ..ECW Champion...nah he'd have been eaten alive in the real ECW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bam Bam as well. One of the most under rated and under used guys in wrestling for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christian for me.

In what must be considered tie of the tournament, Christian takes out the fiery headed Beast from the East. Both guys had great reasons but it's the Canadian that progresses. Who will join him in the last eight? Who was a better ECW Champion between these two...

Tommy Dreamer

The Heart & Soul of ECW

TommyDreamerBookIt.jpg

Vs

Jack Swagger

The All-American American

Swagger-ECW-Champion-jack-swagger-20076940-465-388.png

Dreamer for me. Far more synonymous with the brand

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Controversial but was never a Dreamer fan, Swagger goes through for me.

Dreamer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dreamer, easy.

Bit of a quick squash there. We round off this stage with a couple of dudes who I've never seen wrestle each other in ECW but would have liked to.

Mike Awesome

The Gladiator

13-1.jpg

Vs

Shane Douglas

The Franchise

20.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mike Awesome. I thought he was a great competitor, so it's a little sad he'll always be remembered as a guy that screwed ECW.

Shane Douglas for me. Was never a fan of Mike Awesome.

Douglas too. Loved Mike Awesome until he went to WCW. As stated previously though, Shane is the Franchise!

Douglas

Shane Douglas

So we have a fairly interesting situation whereby half of the competitors won the ECW Title in the original ECW and the other half won it under WWE's brand. Who would have thought that? This first match features the last two participants to ever fight for the title.

Gonna keep the draw open and random to see what type of matches we get. We'll make it first to FOUR and you should give a reason too.

Christian

Captain Charisma

Sii,_Christian_campe%C3%B3n_de_ECW.jpg

Vs

Ezekiel Jackson

The Final ECW Champion

1st_reign_as_ecw_champion_ezekiel_jackson.jpg

royal-rumble-2010-20100129005540941.jpg

Christian. Held the title well I suppose.

Christian. Made the title relevant.

Christian. Big Zeke shouldn't have made it through the last round, he barely held the title. Christian on the other hand two much more significant reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Christian.

Advertisement