Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Credit Card

Options
  • 21-05-2015 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please, getting married in six weeks abroad and partner and I are looking to see if a credit card could be an option for us (not for sspending, but to present at the hotel on check-in and for security on final payments).

We currently have a small loan with ptsb since Feb and haven't missed a payment, some savings with them and a joint account, would there be a liklihood that we would be approved for a small limit credit card with them? And if so, how long would it take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

I would imagine so yes, considering they recently deemed you credit worthy. 48 hours max

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

Thanks, will give them a call in the morning so :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Sorry op for hijacking your thread.

About 5 or 6 years ago we applied for a credit card we were both unenployed at the time. I wanted to buy a few things on line and didn't want to keep asking other people for theirs. Anyway we got the credit card with a limit of 650e which is plenty for us.

Last year my oh went to the bank to check the card for some reason

They asked him what was the funding acc no he hadnt a clue because there is no funding acc
    This has been bugging me since. I use the card mostly on line 3 or 4 times a month. and pay my bill the day after it arrives

Can anyone explain

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

Just off the phone to the bank there, they don't feel we've spent our loan on what we said we would, so won't give us a credit card, they started questioning every little purchase on our account with that money, we spent most of it on what we said we were, but some emergencies popped up like needing glasses, hospital appointments that couldn't be avoided etc, terrified now that they're going to either put a black mark on our record or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

Just off the phone to the bank there, they don't feel we've spent our loan on what we said we would, so won't give us a credit card, they started questioning every little purchase on our account with that money, we spent most of it on what we said we were, but some emergencies popped up like needing glasses, hospital appointments that couldn't be avoided etc, terrified now that they're going to either put a black mark on our record or worse.

They won't put a black mark on your account, unless you've completely mis-spent the funds. Usually won't look at any credit facilities for 6 months after decline

• Advertisement
Advertisement