Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really don't know

Options
  • 22-05-2015 12:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've been banned from after hours and I think some other forums. I post absolute nonsense most of the time but I really don't understand why I'm getting in so much trouble. Am I just getting banned for being a crap poster? There was one thread where I can understand why I got one of the yellow card things but the mod overturned that.
    If you look at all the infractions and stuff, what exactly have I done that's so bad? I've been told I'll get a permanent ban if I continue the way I'm going. I don't get it. Maybe I've misunderstood this website and what it's about but from everything I've read there's nonsense been spoken all the time. Does everyone get banned?
    Please explain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Reading the rules would be a good place to start if you wish to retain your posting privileges on this site.

The rules & guidelines for the site can be found here & here. Also, each forum has a charter (forum rules & guidelines) - you should read the charter before you post in a forum.

There is also a process to be followed for appealing against a ban. This is outlined in the graphic at the top of the first page of the Dispute Resolution forum (when viewed on the desktop site).

The first step in the appeals process is to discuss your ban with the moderator.

However, I will deal with this directly as you have already wasted enough of their time in the past month alone, resulting in...
    An infraction for commenting on mod action in-thread (forbidden in the site rules)
    An infraction for ignoring mod instruction (again, forbidden in the site rules)
    A 3-day ban for ignoring mod instruction again
    An infraction for personal abuse
    A 1-week ban for a breach of the forum charter (reduced after you promised to behave)
    Then one day later you cop a 6-day ban for being uncivil

I uphold the ban. Unless you cop-on very quickly & stop posting in a disruptive fashion in AH - your posting privileges will be removed - possibly permanently.

You may appeal to an admin if you wish.

tHB

1-week ban (after which you promised to behave)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Here's all the comments I received a ban or infraction for:

After hours:
    Originally Posted by noway12345

Constructive like your post?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boom_Bap
    She should be taking the underwear manufacturer to court.

Conspiracy theories:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by galljga1
    Well, that is a pretty dumb statement. Clairvoyance is a characteristic I do not possess.

Dishonesty is a characteristicyou do possess however.

After hours:
    Quote:
    I'm all for equality!

Spoiler: Except for young people, travellers, religious people, unemployed people...............................................................

It's all a farce!

Gentlemans club:
    Your post:
    Quote:
    Why are there far more male serial killers?

After hours:
    Your post:
    Quote:
    I had to eat the blood coming from my head after my daddy beat me.

Obviusly you've uncovered an evil monster that's posting on boards.ie. :rolleyes:
    Seriously, what's the deal with this place? I've been told I'm close to being kicked off this site for those posts??????? This is crazy! I was posting on another thread in personel issues, it got closed. It was a really helpful thread for those of us with social anxiety. I've read the rules but it seems that everything is so strict. You can't say anything except what suits the mod of the specific forum. What's the point of this place?

I am only dealing with your appeal against your ban from After Hours. The sanctions that you have received from the mods in The Gentlemen's Club & Conspiracy Theories are not relevant.

If you wish to contest these sanctions - please start separate threads.
    If not, & you just have general issues with the moderation of those forums - PM the CMods of the Society & Culture category with your concerns.

To be honest,you appear to have an issue with how boards.ie is run in general - so maybe the site is just not for you. If that's the case - don't use it & go find some other site more suited to your tastes.

The ban from After Hours stands.

Please indicate if you wish to appeal to the Admins.

Yes, that's what I thought a good while ago. This just isn't the site for me. I'm wondering why it's a site for anyone though. You can't say anything, even if it's really helpful to people. When I was younger I went to a carnival and went on to the bumpers. I was really looking forward to it but the people in charge said the rule was that you could only drive around in a circle with everyone going the same direction and you bump off the back of them. If anyone tried to do anything different the people in charge jumped onto their bumper car and brought them back into the circle formation.
    That's what boards.ie is like. I read the forums for a while and then I joined up, I thought it would be great craic and helpful but it hasn't been. Maybe it's just me, maybe everyone else loves the place or more than likely no one cares. Like me really, I'm just disappointed.
    I had a look around this section of boards.ie and I found the prison forum. It seems like lots of people get banned from here. It's a bit of a pathetic place, people begging to get back on and then bullying from the mods. That seems to be the accepted thing round here though and as we've both said, this just doesn't seem like the place for me.

As you have not indicated that you want an Admin review, we can mark this as Resolved then.

All the best,

tHB

• Advertisement

No admin review, don't think it's resolved though. :D

Slán go fóill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement