Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping toddler entertained on plane

Options
  • 22-05-2015 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm heading for Italy with partner and 20 month old daughter in 3 weeks. does anyone have any recommendations for new toys to bring with me to keep my daughter entertained. I don't have an ipad or anything like that so that's not an option.
    thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We bought a Peppa Pig magazine at the airport as a treat. And I got pencils in tiger and a little.notepad which were produced when she got restless. We also bought some cheese and crackers on the plane and that kept her occupied for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

A couple of little books. That age seem to adore sticker books so a couple these may be good. Also a couple little things they can hold in their hand. Like some abc cards or something. Practice the words with them and let her put them in and out of the card box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

A friend with a couple of toddlers recommended the stacking cups to me. You can pick them up in IKEA or Tesco etc for a couple of euro if you don't have them already. Planning on bringing a set in a few weeks myself.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We've done in the past:

Movie or cartoons on a phone for him to watch.
    A new toy only produced on the journey.
    Puzzles
    Colouring books and crayons
    A new car or set of cars.
    A new set of small plastic animals.
    If you are creative you could get those long balloons and a simple pump and make your own balloon animals with some instructions printed from google.

Best to bring something that will be new to them that will entertain them for a long time.

Advertisement