Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid Ink | Vicar Street | October 13th

Options
  • 22-05-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

KID INK TO RETURN TO DUBLIN THIS AUTUMN 2015

Following his mind blowing debut sell-out show at Vicar Street last year, Kid ink returns with a visit to Dublin on 13th October 2015.

Kid Ink’s third studio album Full Speed, the follow-up to My Own Lane was released earlier this year on RCA Records. The album was supported by the singles "Body Language" featuring Usher and Tinashe, and ‘Hotel’ featuring Chris Brown.

Kid Ink cruises past all boundaries. The Los Angeles rapper, producer, and performer can seamlessly slip from an irresistible hook into an impeccable verse, effortlessly bobbing and weaving between the club and the streets. There’s absolutely nobody quite like the tattooed from head-to-toe impresario, and that’s the first thing you’ll notice when you take his full-length debut, My Own Lane [Tha Alumni Music Group/88 Classic/RCA Records], for a spin.

Grinding as a producer since the age of 16, he uncovered this creative highway by perfecting a personal style behind the board first. His production collaborations include everybody from Sean “Diddy” Combs, Sean Kingston, Nipsey Hussle, and more. That experience in the studio set the stage for him to become the versatile and vibrant force he is today.

“My background producing contributes so much to my own music,” he admits. “I feel like I have a different ear because of that. I’m always aiming for a bigger sound and a bigger look. Instead of focusing on just a verse or simply spitting, I’ll tackle the melody or harmony and build from there. Then, I make sure what I’m saying matches. There’s got to be continuity. At the same time, I like to twist everything up a little bit.”

His 2014 release My Own Lane solidified him as an artist preserving his independent identity while reaching a new level altogether. Whether it’s embracing tattoo culture further or diving deeper into his other interests like X-Games and NBA, he stands poised to exert a seismic impact.

Tickets priced €30 (including booking fee) go on sale this Friday, 22nd May at 9am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets nationwide.

Advertisement