Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nolans butchers Kilcullen and Naas

Options
  • 22-05-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Was passing through Kilcullen a few weeks back and stopped in Nolans butchers and bought some great sausages and puddings

I don't normally have reason to travel through Kilcullen as I live the Dublin side of Naas but have noticed that there is a Nolans butchers in Naas that would be nearer to me, so was wondering if these the same family and stock the same sausages and puddings as each other or is the name just a coincidence

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

LJ3103 wrote: »
    Was passing through Kilcullen a few weeks back and stopped in Nolans butchers and bought some great sausages and puddings

I don't normally have reason to travel through Kilcullen as I live the Dublin side of Naas but have noticed that there is a Nolans butchers in Naas that would be nearer to me, so was wondering if these the same family and stock the same sausages and puddings as each other or is the name just a coincidence

Thanks

They are indeed one and the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I'm open to correction here - I have shopped in both butchers, I don't believe they are affiliated with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

Thanks for the replies

I myself am starting to think they are not either because I can't see Amy mention on their website about Naas being an outlet for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I love the kilcullen nolans

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

foodaholic wrote: »
    I love the kilcullen nolans

The service and quality was fantastic. I picked up some turkey sausages that tasted fantastic, my kids devoured them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Noland Naas started 1890, nolans Kilcullen started 1886,

So whilst they are not connected, for both to be in business for 125+ years means both will give you fabulous quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mberm

They are related, cousins, and there is also another Nolans butchers in Sallins, also a cousin. Their recipes for their sausages and puddings would be different. The Kilcullen sausages and pudding are wonderful - the chilli sausages are worth trying also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Kilcullen won best butcher in UK & Ireland a few years back. Has its own abatoir around the back.

Advertisement