Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Text.

Options
  • 22-05-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Quick question to the techie people out there. Is it possible that a text that is sent from a computer to a mobile will not stay/save in the text inbox on that mobile?

A friend of mine sent me a text recently using that system and when I went back into my mobile later that day to contact him, it wasn't in my inbox and I certainly didnt delete it, not on purpose anyway.

Any help would be appeciated. I'm keen to contact him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Marcface

Do you mean webtext? Like on Meteor / Vodafone's site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭CFlat

Marcface wrote: »
    Do you mean webtext? Like on Meteor / Vodafone's site?

Well he said someting like, Hi Cflat, my own phone is bust so I'm contacting you using a friends mobile but from a computer. I think he said it was free to send.

If it was a webtext, is it possible it wouldn't save in my text inbox?

No a webtext would just come through like a normal text. I know some phones can link to a PC and you can call / text from an app on it, but that again would just come to you as a normal text as far as I'm aware. SMS is fairly simple.

No a webtext would just come through like a normal text. I know some phones can link to a PC and you can call / text from an app on it, but that again would just come to you as a normal text as far as I'm aware. SMS is fairly simple.

If that's the case, I might have deleted it by accident. I'll have to wait 'till he contacts me again.

Thanks for your help.

CFlat wrote: »
    If that's the case, I might have deleted it by accident. I'll have to wait 'till he contacts me again.

Thanks for your help.

No worries at all. Sorry I couldn't help more, phones aren't as friendly as PC's when it comes to recovering deleted content. It didn't come through as an MMS did it? If so, it could be in a different inbox / folder?

• Advertisement

No worries at all. Sorry I couldn't help more, phones aren't as friendly as PC's when it comes to recovering deleted content. It didn't come through as an MMS did it? If so, it could be in a different inbox / folder?

No, it didnt come in as MMS. I looked to see if there were other inbox options on my mobile but apart from my gmail account, I couldn't find anything.

Advertisement