Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thierry Henry on Sky

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

has anyone confronted Henry on telly over that "handball"

love to see his reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There was a joke made about it a while back. They all just laughed. He took it well to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Absolute bore to listen to, the one time he made me laugh though was the 'how dare Hernandez celebrate his winning goal, he should have thanked Ronaldo for the assist' crap, this from the guy who celebrated like a madman after caressing the ball with his left palm twice before knocking it to Wiltord for 'that' goal!

Cannot stand the guy.

That was ridiculous. What little respect I had for him as a pundit, I lost after that! When has Ronaldo ever "thanked" a teammate for an assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Degag wrote: »
    That was ridiculous. What little respect I had for him as a pundit, I lost after that! When has Ronaldo ever "thanked" a teammate for an assist?

He does it all the time. The problem is he tries to be the centre of attention even while doing that. He does the dramatic "No, it was you!" finger point thing. It's sort of hilarious. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

omega man wrote: »
    He's not great I must admit but in fairness he's not speaking his own language. Are there any other sky pundits for whom English isn't their native tongue? No Carragher jokes ;-)

That excuse doesn't fly. He was at Arsenal for nearly 10 years then 5 more in the states, lives in London and he's married to a English model. His English is a absolutely fine, doesn't stop him from saying something interesting.

Didier Hamman, is great to listen to. Watch La Liga coverage plenty of Spaniards speaking English on Sky who aren't boring either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What is it with these TV companies employing guys who have zero ability to talk?

It matters for nothing how good a footballer they were if they put you to sleep when they open their mouths.

And latest I heard is that Stevie G is going to be a pundit soon. That is someone's idea of a joke, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Football's version of golden parachutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So that's where he is these days!

Even worse is he commentates games on sky sports news. Cringy stuff. Brap Brap

Advertisement