Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Grass Cutting

Options
  • 22-05-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

Rural Kerry
    1/2 acre

The question is how much do people typically pay. And, how often?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

2,000 sq. metres is no small lawn so don't expect it to be cheap.

Ring a few people and get a quote.

Should be done every 2 weeks during the growing season - depending on conditions - but this may be less if you are on an elevated site.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No idea about Kerry, but I am at opposite end of country and when my ride-on was out of action I got a guy in to do mine, also a 1/2 acre, and was charged €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Our front is 1/2 acre also we cut it with a self propelled mower. Well I say we its mainly the youngest child. It takes approx. one and half hours and we pay her €20 and around this time of year we mow every week weather depending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Berberis wrote: »
    Our front is 1/2 acre also we cut it with a self propelled mower. Well I say we its mainly the youngest child. It takes approx. one and half hours and we pay her €20 and around this time of year we mow every week weather depending

Yea I'm sure you could get a gardener who pays tax, insurance, etc to cut it for €20.

Seriously what is the point of your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Someone quoted €100, and every week, which seemed over-the-top. Hence the post.

I'm quite happy with a 'rough' look, rather than a golf course style lawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Yea I'm sure you could get a gardener who pays tax, insurance, etc to cut it for €20.

Seriously what is the point of your post?

The op asked how much do people pay and how often it was cut.
    I gave details of what we do. The op never asked about getting a gardener to do it. Maybe there are a few teenagers locally who would be only glad of an hour and a half's work a week at more than the minimum wage rate.
    THAT WAS THE POINT OF MY POST.
    WHAT WAS THE POINT OF YOURS

Advertisement