Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlet Shopping Vancouver/Seattle

Options
  • 22-05-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I am planning a visit to Vancouver and am looking for some suggestions for designer outlet shopping. I have found Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip about a 2.5 hour drive from Vancouver. (a) is there anything nearer. (b) any issues crossing the boarder into USA.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Tulalip is pretty good, but there are some closer to the border which I've never been to so cannot judge.

From the border point of view, if you are travelling for between 24-48 hours you have a maximum of 200$ of purchases you can bring across the border, for 48+ hours its $800 CAD. If you exceed this and get caught you will be charged tax and duty on your purchases which can be quite a lot.

The above is for residents returning to Canada..... I have no idea what the rules are for tourists.

There is a Premium Outlet opening near Vancouver Airport in a few months, especially with the current exchange rates it might be worth investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 YHT

Hi,

Thank you for the information, much appreciated. Will check out the new outlet opening near the Airport. As I am planning my visit as a day trip, I think I will need to check out the value I am allowed to bring back into Canada. Would never have thought of that!!

Advertisement