Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Sale agreed" not showing as such

Options
  • 22-05-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have been shopping for a house in the last few weeks and have come up with a few interesting properties for which I inquired and was told by EA they were "Sale agreed".
    It turns out I keep on bumping into them in my searches and yet no sign of Sale Agreed....

Is this negligence from EA, is it intentional? wouldn't it be fair for buyer that the property be put off the market if the sale is in fact agreed?

Perhaps someone can help me understand that one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I wouldn't take my house off the market at 'sale agreed' time .. when the buyer has signed contracts and paid over the price of the house i'd take it off the market. Far too often the sale falls through and you don't want to be having to put it back on the usual sites and new ads etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Is the ad listed as sale agreed? I wouldn't expect them to be taken down until after everything is said and done but a sale agreed update on the listing should happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Is the ad listed as sale agreed?

no it is not

whippet wrote: »
    I wouldn't take my house off the market at 'sale agreed' time .. when the buyer has signed contracts and paid over the price of the house i'd take it off the market. Far too often the sale falls through and you don't want to be having to put it back on the usual sites and new ads etc

A mention in the description would help.
    I went sale agreed a few weeks ago and the transaction did not go through. It wasn't my fault, and I am still waiting for my booking deposit to be returned.

So from the perspective that i was the highest bidder, had my stuff together, bothered to give a deposit immediately I would not be happy with a house still being on the market after it's agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Miamiheat wrote: »
    A mention in the description would help.
    I went sale agreed a few weeks ago and the transaction did not go through. It wasn't my fault, and I am still waiting for my booking deposit to be returned.

So from the perspective that i was the highest bidder, had my stuff together, bothered to give a deposit immediately I would not be happy with a house still being on the market after it's agreed.

The EA may be hedging his bets keeping note of all the people who enquire and having them on call should the sale agreed fall through. It's not exactly above board but they're trying to get the best and quickest sale for their client, the seller. They're not working for the buyer and so won't act in their interests.

• Advertisement

The EA may be hedging his bets keeping note of all the people who enquire and having them on call should the sale agreed fall through. It's not exactly above board but they're trying to get the best and quickest sale for their client, the seller. They're not working for the buyer and so won't act in their interests.

yes that would make sense if they did take my name down and perhaps got an idea of how much i could pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Miamiheat wrote: »
    yes that would make sense if they did take my name down and perhaps got an idea of how much i could pay.

That would require effort on their part, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

I experienced this with several properties from the same EA. Every time I contacted them about a property on myhome.ie they said it was sale agreed.

They told me they don't mark a property sale agreed online until contracts are signed.

Advertisement