Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting help?

Options
  • 22-05-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on renting. I am 24yr old unemployed male currently living at home . Basically I am looking to move out in the next couple of weeks/ months, none of my mates are in a position to share with me and as my budget is €450 max.

How do i go about rent allowance finding a place etc ?

sorry if this is a dumb post but i have no clue or idea on what steps to take first .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You need to be renting privately for six months, with a change in circumstances making you unable to pay your rent, in order to receive rent allowance.

You won't be given it just because you want to move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

You need to be renting privately for six months, with a change in circumstances making you unable to pay your rent, in order to receive rent allowance.

You won't be given it just because you want to move out.

ohh cheers jenny didnt know that now ... moving out aint cheap so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

If your maximum possible monthly rent is €450, then you will have absolutely no problem with getting yourself a room in some shared house/apartment. Don't dream of Dublin though.. I'm not sure what the rules are with suggesting some websites on here, so all I'll say is to check the one that starts with a "d" & rhymes with the guy, "Who's the cat that won't cop out
    When there's danger all about?".

Especially with it being the summertime, you should be able to pick up a place for a pittance until September as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

*never mind living with friends: give strangers a try&make more friends:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

thanks everyone :D:) was looking up places there they all seem to be 500-550 monthly :) no not dublin down around the south east :) lol @ MyNameIsMethos :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement