Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Angling for Salmon

Options
  • 22-05-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

Are there places one can fish for Salmon where the river enters the sea in Ireland that can be good? Does one need a licence and perhaps a permit if its near the mouth of a river but in the sea?

If its not a secret to share, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

soapbloggs wrote: »
    Hi,

Are there places one can fish for Salmon where the river enters the sea in Ireland that can be good? Does one need a licence and perhaps a permit if its near the mouth of a river but in the sea?

If its not a secret to share, thanks!

You will need a license no matter where for u fish for salmon and seatrout
    You want to check locally about the areas to fish
    I've never heard of anyone catching salmon in the sea, seatrout are a different story tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

realrebel wrote: »
    You will need a license no matter where for u fish for salmon and seatrout
    You want to check locally about the areas to fish
    I've never heard of anyone catching salmon in the sea, seatrout are a different story tho

There was a thread a few months back about anglers catching salmon in the sea

Here it is http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057159473/2/#post93325344

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

There was a thread a few months back about anglers catching salmon in the sea

Here it is http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057159473/2/#post93325344

Ya I've seen that I reckon they were either farmed salmon or seatrout to be honest but u never know

Advertisement