Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spots

Options
  • 22-05-2015 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Im just wondering does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of spots. I only have a few on my forehead and chin.

iv been using a facial scrub , wash and moisturizer the past week or 2 and doesnt seem to be helping :) ?

im a 24yr old male aswel just to add :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Im just wondering does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of spots. I only have a few on my forehead and chin.

iv been using a facial scrub , wash and moisturizer the past week or 2 and doesnt seem to be helping :) ?

im a 24yr old male aswel just to add :)

The first thing you should do is most your full routine up here am and pm including products and also post up your skin type.

I would advise you first ditch the facial scrub physical exfoliation may be too harsh for your skin. You should swap this with chemical exfoliation using an acid such as salicylic acid as this is in my opinion the best acid for acne.

Secondly you should make sure that your face wash isn't too harsh for you skin as it may be extremely drying. This would cause your skin to over compensate and produce more oils thus leading to acne. You will also most likely only need to be washing you face once a day.

You also need to make sure that you a moisturising twice a day morning and night. In the morning you also need to make sure that you are using a sun cream to prevent sun damage as although this doesn't cause acne but will cause aging and increase the healing time for PIH.

One more thing you need to be doing is changing your pillow case at least every second night and try not to touch your face during the day. Also try to disinfect your phone and anything else touching your face during the day.

I will be able to give you more advice when answer the questions at the beginning of the post.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Calmine loation works good most the time :)..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Facial scrub washes are really a no-no for anyone. I had a facial recently and the beautician strongly advised against anyone using them as they're too harsh for the face.

Switch to a facial wash/cream wash, perhaps Clearasil.

Make sure you use it at least twice a day; in the morning and at night.
    Heavy moisturisers could also be contributing to your spot issue, so perhaps switch to a lighter formula.

It'd be no harm to skip the moisturiser completely every now and again.
    Oh, and Sudocrem is fab for spots; dab a bit on a spot and leave it to work its' magic.

Toothpaste can also be good for oily spots as it dries it out.
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Miss_Lauren

Products containing salicylic acid are probably your best bet. Some are available over the counter, and some are stronger so only on prescription. I have had problem skin for over 15 years, and the best products I have used (without going down the medication route) are the Clenziderm range by Obagi, as recommended by my dermatologist, the foaming cleanser and pore therary lotion are particularly good. I buy them from the chemist at my dermatology clinic in Dublin, but I think you can buy them online too, try amazon maybe.

Other tips....
    Avoid very hot water on your face, so be careful in the shower
    Don't use normal mositurisers, if you find your skin drying out, get a special compensating cream specificaly designed for skin that is dry from acne products.

• Advertisement
Advertisement