Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a wireless alarm system ( rented house)

Options
  • 22-05-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I want to install an alarm to the house I'm renting, however, as the landlord won't pay for it, I will instead. Hence, I wish to do it as cheaply as possible and remove it when I leave

Any advice ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

If you're looking to take it with you when you leave then be careful if you decide to mount sensors to the doors and windows as you'll be using screws and this could cause complications with the landlord.

You could use an external detector outside which would let you know if anyone jumps the back wall and place PIR detectors inside for verification. This way you'd still have a form of perimeter protection so you'd know someone was around before they got in.

Have a look at the HKC Quantum and PYRONIX Enforcer both are very nice systems. If you're having it installed please contact a local PSA registered installer.

Advertisement