Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Graduate 12 Month Program

Options
  • 22-05-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have applied and filled out an application for the USA Graduate 12 Month Program, and I have a few concerns.

I understand that you need to be applicable within 12 months from when you graduate, and that you need to find an intern related to your field of study etc.

However, I find that the cost funds are pretty high, especially for a recent graduate to be paying at least over €2000 in total, and that is only 1 one way ticket. You also need to find your own place to stay, find your own intern etc by yourself.

So with all that in mind, what is the difference in paying all that money within all those strict rules....to applying for your own working visa and have the freedom from all those strict rules?

Maybe I thought they will definitely help you find a legit intern etc....but that is not the case, right?

If somebody can enlighten me about those facts compared to getting your own VISA would be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You cannot get your own visa. You need a company to sponsor you while you are in the US, hence these companies and their costs. Usually they will break it down for you but I'm quite sure its mostly administration fees, legal fees, insurance, flights etc.

There are a few companies which help you look for an internship but its not easy. Even for US citizens and students its not easy to find internships.

Advertisement