Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice!

Options
  • 22-05-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭

There is a good bit of weeds coming up through the patio in the back garden (and the driveway also). Is it just a matter of buying weedkiller and a spray bottle and having at it or what is the best approach here?

m3k3gnLhYfbXfzNbNuIBAwfWxECh-s-_n0GcVJMvszU?size_mode=5

hg9rfKngunyADlKhJTIwwDnMSWJjVqLI1xGNGvBKDBY?size_mode=5

Also, our grass is looking a bit sorry for itself. Story is, we were away for about 9 months and there was no-one looking after the garden. When we got back to it, the grass was about three feet long. I went at it with a shears and strimmer before we cut it. I have been cutting it since it started to grow again this year but it is kind of patchy and looks like there is moss gowing in place of the grass. I've attached a picture but it actually looks a lot better in real life - it's a lot more green, the picture makes it look like a very thin patch of grass on mud :confused:

NEhQpkXiitTX2BYxMnWmfd-0AJryold8WmuCPuNSOzQ?size_mode=5

Any advive appreciated in restoring the grass to a better state :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

I couldn't open pics bad net connection,for the weeds just spray them.
    Fir the grass strim it back low and mow it next there is also a spray to kill the moss

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

I couldn't open pics bad net connection,for the weeds just spray them.
    Fir the grass strim it back low and mow it next there is also a spray to kill the moss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Please use weedkiller only if necessary, and please do so in a careful & responsible manner. Most weedkillers are very toxic chemicals and should be used sparingly (if at all).

I suspect you do realise that you will have a much bigger job on your hand than simply tackling the current overgrown and neglected space.

Strim the lawn area and with subsequent cutting, you will notice that the condition of the grass will improve, shorter, softer and green. regular cutting will also reduce the weed, but there will probably be plenty of scattered seed around the garden waiting to germinate. This will be a bigger task and requiring a longer time to restore etc.

Following pack instructions and avoid contact with any other plants (including drift onto plants in other parts).

Advertisement