Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Brake disc skim?

• 23-05-2015 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Is it possible to get motorcycle brake discs skimmed, the rear disc has minimal wear just ran pads beyond low and marked them. Bike is fzs 1000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

No, they're too thin.
    Personally I would just fit new sintered pads and not worry about it. The new pads will either polish the disc surface and/or mate to any slight grooves in the surface of the disc. Just take it easy as they bed in.
    If it's warped though bin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I imagine a good used disc would probably be comparable in price to skimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its only a rear, I'd either buy second hand or order from China/Hong Kong.

I'd to replace a cracked rear disc on a BMW R1100S and was quoted over €200 ~ I got one delivered to my door from Hong Kong, postage included - €49!!.

I haven't heard of anyone skimming a disc is years.

Advertisement