Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank League 2015-2016 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Did the 9 come from currie cup or S15 or is he a young guy?

Was a SA under 20 international and is still only 20/21 i beleive

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Snegg

Abrie Griesel, YM's new 9, has a wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrie_Griesel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Just watched his highlight reel looks decent and pretty impressive CV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANUDC5yDLAE

Just watched his highlight reel looks decent and pretty impressive CV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANUDC5yDLAE

Great that a player of that quality moves to YM for free with no incentives or inducements offered as per IRFU Rule 6 ;)

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Great that a player of that quality moves to YM for free with no incentives or inducements offered as per IRFU Rule 6 ;)

Are you trying to suggest something??? :confused::D

I think the league would be a better place with a few more over seas pro's coming in. Rule 6 needs repealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Are you trying to suggest something??? :confused::D

I think the league would be a better place with a few more over seas pro's coming in. Rule 6 needs repealing
    Does the league really need it for clubs to be able to spend OTT on signing overseas players and getting players to move from other clubs in Ireland and not focus on developing their own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Missed the Lansdowne game at the weekend and heard they were exceptionally lucky. Was that Ryan's debut had thought he had played a few times already. Saw him play 2nds a few weeks ago and looks a real athlete. Deegan at 7 is a bit odd. Wouldn't have thought it would suit him naturally. Potential to be very good, great to see him getting a chance straight away in AIL.

9 Minutes injury time played, yellow card and pen try to lansdowne early in 2nd half, red and yellow card for Tarf in last 15 minutes and Lansdowne scored at final whistle to go level. Carberry kicked 6 penalties.

Does the league really need it for clubs to be able to spend OTT on signing overseas players and getting players to move from other clubs in Ireland and not focus on developing their own?

As long as clubs stay in control (unlike Rock etc.) I can't see any issue at all. Everybody loses players. It's a way of life. This isn't the GAA. People want to play at the top level. The top level requires more dedication. I don't see why in a professional sport and in a league where there are professional players people should not be remunerated for their efforts and commitment.

Asking players to stay at lower clubs is unproductive. Bigger clubs have better facilities and structures in place. Players with higher ambitions should be allowed move to clubs who match their ambition.

As long as clubs stay in control (unlike Rock etc.) I can't see any issue at all. Everybody loses players. It's a way of life. This isn't the GAA. People want to play at the top level. The top level requires more dedication. I don't see why in a professional sport and in a league where there are professional players people should not be remunerated for their efforts and commitment.

Asking players to stay at lower clubs is unproductive. Bigger clubs have better facilities and structures in place. Players with higher ambitions should be allowed move to clubs who match their ambition.
    I see it as an issue as there is issues with clubs staying in control and you have to be strict in regulations to stop clubs from going out of control.
    Yes there is professional players playing in AIL but that doesn't mean all playing in the AIL should have to be remunerated.
    Nobody is asking for players to stay at smaller clubs but building a system/changing current system to reward sides that keep players over longer term and are much more 'community clubs' has to be the way forward
    Of course players with higher ambitions should be able to move to clubs who match their ambition but financial strength of clubs should not be the difference where at all possible and regulations should be in place to stop that

I see it as an issue as there is issues with clubs staying in control and you have to be strict in regulations to stop clubs from going out of control.
    Yes there is professional players playing in AIL but that doesn't mean all playing in the AIL should have to be remunerated.
    Nobody is asking for players to stay at smaller clubs but building a system/changing current system to reward sides that keep players over longer term and are much more 'community clubs' has to be the way forward
    Of course players with higher ambitions should be able to move to clubs who match their ambition but financial strength of clubs should not be the difference where at all possible and regulations should be in place to stop that

There is a very stark difference between going out of control and spending money. I agree it should be regulated and all clubs should have to stay at a certain liquidity and should be restricted from passing a certain debt level. I've never said all players should be remunerated. Financial strength is always going to matter. It is silly to suggest otherwise. Whether it is jobs for the lads, business connection or cash it will always impact.

If you want to take it out of the junior levels then so be it but to remove it from the top semi professional league is just a waste of time.

• Advertisement

There is a very stark difference between going out of control and spending money. I agree it should be regulated and all clubs should have to stay at a certain liquidity and should be restricted from passing a certain debt level. I've never said all players should be remunerated. Financial strength is always going to matter. It is silly to suggest otherwise. Whether it is jobs for the lads, business connection or cash it will always impact.

If you want to take it out of the junior levels then so be it but to remove it from the top semi professional league is just a waste of time.
    I know there is a difference but stopping clubs from using financial strength not possible elsewhere has to occur. Look at the fall of clubs like Co Carlow. Strict regulation must occur to stop what happened there from happening again. Bruff, Nenagh, Cashel, Skerries, Navan have to be the models clubs look at.
    There is pros playing in the top divisions but it isn't a semi pro league.

I know there is a difference but stopping clubs from using financial strength not possible elsewhere has to occur. Look at the fall of clubs like Co Carlow. Strict regulation must occur to stop what happened there from happening again. Bruff, Nenagh, Cashel, Skerries, Navan have to be the models clubs look at.
    There is pros playing in the top divisions but it isn't a semi pro league.

Fair point on clubs who are growing but what about the clubs already at the top? Realistically there are a number of clubs who will never function on that policy UCD, trinity, UL, UCC etc and the D4 clubs.

I accept that technically at the moment it is not a semi pro league but a portion of the league are pro and there is definitely an under current of professionalism left. regardless of what the smaller clubs or poorly managed big clubs say this will never change. Regulate yes but pushing it under the carpet can only ever be a bad idea.

Fair point on clubs who are growing but what about the clubs already at the top? Realistically there are a number of clubs who will never function on that policy UCD, trinity, UL, UCC etc and the D4 clubs.

I accept that technically at the moment it is not a semi pro league but a portion of the league are pro and there is definitely an under current of professionalism left. regardless of what the smaller clubs or poorly managed big clubs say this will never change. Regulate yes but pushing it under the carpet can only ever be a bad idea.
    University clubs always have been and always will be different
    But while clubs that you mention wont really operate on that policy something needs to be done to stop this.
    I don't think I am looking for anything to be pushed under the carpet.

University clubs always have been and always will be different
    But while clubs that you mention wont really operate on that policy something needs to be done to stop this.
    I don't think I am looking for anything to be pushed under the carpet.

I'm not suggesting your are asking for things to be pushed under the carpet, I'm saying that is all that will happen. Which is the worst possible outcome realistically. A transparent controlled environment would be much better. Each club sending detailed financial reports to the IRFU to ensure nobody goes over board and ends up in the Blackrock situation. I believe the only way to strengthen the club game is to strengthen the top league and it will trickle down. This is being slowly eradicated by limiting the availability and number of pro players allowed play per game and removing the remuneration available players.

It is a relatively regular occurrence that players cannot commit to training and as a result first team rugby as it means turning down work. Just look at the plummet in age of players playing AIL rugby and the number of players of significant quality who are playing J1/J2 (look at Lansdowne, Marys and Clontarf J2 as prime examples) in some of the senior clubs or those who are retiring in their mid 20s.

I'm not suggesting your are asking for things to be pushed under the carpet, I'm saying that is all that will happen. Which is the worst possible outcome realistically. A transparent controlled environment would be much better. Each club sending detailed financial reports to the IRFU to ensure nobody goes over board and ends up in the Blackrock situation. I believe the only way to strengthen the club game is to strengthen the top league and it will trickle down. This is being slowly eradicated by limiting the availability and number of pro players allowed play per game and removing the remuneration available players.

It is a relatively regular occurrence that players cannot commit to training and as a result first team rugby as it means turning down work. Just look at the plummet in age of players playing AIL rugby and the number of players of significant quality who are playing J1/J2 (look at Lansdowne, Marys and Clontarf J2 as prime examples) in some of the senior clubs or those who are retiring in their mid 20s.
    I don't any idea working that involves strengthening the top league and believing that there will be a trickle down effect to boost the affairs of clubs at a lower level.

I don't any idea working that involves strengthening the top league and believing that there will be a trickle down effect to boost the affairs of clubs at a lower level.

I'm talking about leagues. The leagues are becoming far weaker than they were. That cannot be a good thing for Irish rugby

Fair point on clubs who are growing but what about the clubs already at the top? Realistically there are a number of clubs who will never function on that policy UCD, trinity, UL, UCC etc and the D4 clubs

You forgot Clontarf, Mary's, Wesley, Cork Con, Dolphin & Young Munster

You forgot Clontarf, Mary's, Wesley, Cork Con, Dolphin & Young Munster

:):) In my defence Wesley are in D4.... Tarf and Mary's aren't too bad at the moment...

I'm talking about leagues. The leagues are becoming far weaker than they were. That cannot be a good thing for Irish rugby
    But your idea of strengthening the top divisions/leagues and hoping it will trickle down to those in the middle and at the bottom wont happen. That idea just helps those at the very top and everyone else suffers

This weekends games. Last games in 1A/B until the new year.
    1A
    Ballynahinch v Lansdowne
    Clontarf v Garryowen
    Cork Con v Terenure
    UCD v Old Belvedere
    Young Munster v Galwegians
    1B
    UL Bohs v Buccaneers
    Belfast Harlequins v St Marys
    Dolphin v Blackrock College
    Dublin University v Shannon
    Old Wesley v Ballymena
    2A
    Cashel v Galway Corinthians
    Naas v Nenagh Ormond
    Queens University v Banbridge
    Skerries v Malone
    UCC v Thomond
    2B
    Armagh v Seapoint
    City Of Derry v Rainey Old Boys
    Dungannon v Sundays Well
    Greystones v Bective Rangers
    Highfield v MU Barnhall
    2C
    Friday
    Old Crescent v Bruff
    Saturday
    Boyne v Dundalk
    Midleton v Kanturk
    Sligo v Tullamore
    Wanderers v Navan

But your idea of strengthening the top divisions/leagues and hoping it will trickle down to those in the middle and at the bottom wont happen. That idea just helps those at the very top and everyone else suffers

I think our vision of the desired future is very different so our discussion is never going to end. So I'll leave it there.

This weekend

1A
    Ballynahinch v Lansdowne - Must be a Lansdowne win
    Clontarf v Garryowen - Tarf win
    Cork Con v Terenure - Terenure creaking a bit after 2 home losses Con win.
    UCD v Old Belvedere - Belvo win. If Belove have everyone they'll have too much
    Young Munster v Galwegians - Munsters to keep their return to form going.
    1B
    UL Bohs v Buccaneers - Tough to call. UL home win
    Belfast Harlequins v St Marys - Could be an almighty score
    Dolphin v Blackrock College - Dolphin
    Dublin University v Shannon - Shannon going well but I'm backing Trin
    Old Wesley v Ballymena Could be a very good game. Ballymena to win

• Advertisement

I think our vision of the desired future is very different so our discussion is never going to end. So I'll leave it there.
    Well we are coming from different perspectives and I don't think we have to end this discussion here tbh. All the clubs im involved in currently/in past would be quite different to yours, Clontarf. Rural new senior club/city junior club etc etc
    This weekend
    1A
    Ballynahinch v Lansdowne - Must be a Lansdowne win
    Clontarf v Garryowen - Tarf win
    Cork Con v Terenure - Terenure creaking a bit after 2 home losses Con win.
    UCD v Old Belvedere - Belvo win. If Belove have everyone they'll have too much
    Young Munster v Galwegians - Munsters to keep their return to form going.
    1B
    UL Bohs v Buccaneers - Tough to call. UL home win
    Belfast Harlequins v St Marys - Could be an almighty score
    Dolphin v Blackrock College - Dolphin
    Dublin University v Shannon - Shannon going well but I'm backing Trin
    Old Wesley v Ballymena Could be a very good game. Ballymena to win
    Ballynahinch look like theyre as good as relegated at this stage..... agree on other games bar Garryowen who I think will beat Clontarf
    In 1B Buccs to beat Bohs. They've lost a lost of games by 1 score and think they'll have to much for Bohs and agree on the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 18 The Sceptic

2A
    Cashel v Galway Corinthians (Cashel)
    Naas v Nenagh Ormond (Naas)
    Queens University v Banbridge (Banbridge)
    Skerries v Malone (Malone)
    UCC v Thomond (UCC)
    2B
    Armagh v Seapoint (Armagh)
    City Of Derry v Rainey Old Boys (City Of Derry)
    Dungannon v Sundays Well (Dungannon)
    Greystones v Bective Rangers (Greystones)
    Highfield v MU Barnhall (Highfield)
    2C
    Friday
    Old Crescent v Bruff (Old Crescent)
    Saturday
    Boyne v Dundalk (Boyne)
    Midleton v Kanturk (Midleton)
    Sligo v Tullamore (Tullamore)
    Wanderers v Navan (Wanderers)

Well we are coming from different perspectives and I don't think we have to end this discussion here tbh. All the clubs im involved in currently/in past would be quite different to yours, Clontarf. Rural new senior club/city junior club etc etc

I am very much coming from a Clontarf point of view and I supposed as such an established senior club point of view. Obviously, different goals and desired outcomes as such. My preference is to see a top level of AIL as close as possible to the pro game. I believe this is the best outcome for the standard of the game in Ireland.

Ballynahinch look like theyre as good as relegated at this stage..... agree on other games bar Garryowen who I think will beat Clontarf
    In 1B Buccs to beat Bohs. They've lost a lost of games by 1 score and think they'll have to much for Bohs and agree on the rest

Hinch look doomed which is a pity, they are well liked as a club in Clontarf. Buccs v UL - Could go either way. Clontarf really need a performance, while we are second, performances in general have not been great. I think (hope) this will be that turning point we seem to have every year.

I am very much coming from a Clontarf point of view and I supposed as such an established senior club point of view. Obviously, different goals and desired outcomes as such. My preference is to see a top level of AIL as close as possible to the pro game. I believe this is the best outcome for the standard of the game in Ireland.
    I just don't see that happening or good for the game. What's better for the pro game is expansion of A level not putting too much into club game and letting clubs get into a race to the bottom and going OTT with funds better utilised in other areas.

I just don't see that happening or good for the game. What's better for the pro game is expansion of A level not putting too much into club game and letting clubs get into a race to the bottom and going OTT with funds better utilised in other areas.

I don't think the A level has been a success at all if I'm honest but I suppose only time will tell. I'd rather scrap it and turn it into 3 games inter pro per province. Is the B&I really developing players better than consistent play within a top AIL would? I for one seriously doubt that. A strong AIL would also give a better platform to be judged for late developers.

If you look at the old way how many clubs who were at the top for a sustained period are in serious financial trouble? I know there are 1 or 2 but don't see the back up behind saying it will happen on mass. Even in the current format clubs will get in financial trouble. A badly run club will hit the rocks regardless of the rules.

Where would you like to see the clubs spending their money? Astro pitches? Gyms? Coaching? Plenty are doing this anyway.

I don't think the A level has been a success at all if I'm honest but I suppose only time will tell. I'd rather scrap it and turn it into 3 games inter pro per province. Is the B&I really developing players better than consistent play within a top AIL would? I for one seriously doubt that. A strong AIL would also give a better platform to be judged for late developers.

If you look at the old way how many clubs who were at the top for a sustained period are in serious financial trouble? I know there are 1 or 2 but don't see the back up behind saying it will happen on mass. Even in the current format clubs will get in financial trouble. A badly run club will hit the rocks regardless of the rules.

Where would you like to see the clubs spending their money? Astro pitches? Gyms? Coaching? Plenty are doing this anyway.
    Scrapping the A teams will never happen. Provinces can get players into patterns etc that just isn't possible with them playing on club teams. The AIL is still the place for late developers but scrapping the A teams just doesn't aid those late developers. A games also can help with developing players at higher levels than some club games
    Clubs spend money on youth development/age grade development. Giving funds towards more CCROs etc

Scrapping the A teams will never happen. Provinces can get players into patterns etc that just isn't possible with them playing on club teams. The AIL is still the place for late developers but scrapping the A teams just doesn't aid those late developers. A games also can help with developing players at higher levels than some club games
    Clubs spend money on youth development/age grade development. Giving funds towards more CCROs etc

I am well aware that A will never be scrapped. The inevitable/obvious is not always a good thing...

Clearly the AIL is currently the place for late developers. However, as the AIL is devalued what pro coach is actually going to view it in any kind of positive light? The guys actually trying to make it will have to move to the championship or France. Thus continuing the circle of decline of the AIL. Sure we have given a great deal of players recently but I do not see this continuing with the way things are going.

What about clubs who already have CCROs? Who have rugby going into all of it's local schools? I don't know about other clubs but our underage system is in rude health and is self sufficient in terms of funding, I also am not sure of any school locally that rugby is not in.

I am well aware that A will never be scrapped. The inevitable/obvious is not always a good thing...

Clearly the AIL is currently the place for late developers. However, as the AIL is devalued what pro coach is actually going to view it in any kind of positive light? The guys actually trying to make it will have to move to the championship or France. Thus continuing the circle of decline of the AIL. Sure we have given a great deal of players recently but I do not see this continuing with the way things are going.

What about clubs who already have CCROs? Who have rugby going into all of it's local schools? I don't know about other clubs but our underage system is in rude health and is self sufficient in terms of funding, I also am not sure of any school locally that rugby is not in.
    There is lots of schools that have rugby and CCROs in them for a short 8-10 week period but nothing much after that and club competition doesn't happen for a lot. That doesn't help the sport develop
    Clubs that have CCROs well depending on the area they could get another. We(clubs/IRFU) should be flooding areas with development staff and getting more done to get people into and staying in the sport.

There is lots of schools that have rugby and CCROs in them for a short 8-10 week period but nothing much after that and club competition doesn't happen for a lot. That doesn't help the sport develop
    Clubs that have CCROs well depending on the area they could get another. We(clubs/IRFU) should be flooding areas with development staff and getting more done to get people into and staying in the sport.

I know plenty of CCRO's and certainly see their value. I also know that some of that shortened period is due to the school. Some of the issues are not all schools want them in, some schools can/will only fit them in at certain stages for certain amount of time. More numbers of CCROS is not going to impact that.

Club competition not happening is a completely separate issue. I don't see the relevance in this discussion but I think (certainly in the metro area) that players not being allowed (told not to) play while in school is the biggest issue here and is one I would love to see resolved more than any issue in Irish rugby. It can destroy the link between player and club, while diminishing the level of quality of those 'left behind'. I know our 16 (who are pretty good) have only had 3 games this year. Which is a massive issue.

• Advertisement

I know plenty of CCRO's and certainly see their value. I also know that some of that shortened period is due to the school. Some of the issues are not all schools want them in, some schools can/will only fit them in at certain stages for certain amount of time. More numbers of CCROS is not going to impact that.

Club competition not happening is a completely separate issue. I don't see the relevance in this discussion but I think (certainly in the metro area) that players not being allowed (told not to) play while in school is the biggest issue here and is one I would love to see resolved more than any issue in Irish rugby. It can destroy the link between player and club, while diminishing the level of quality of those 'left behind'. I know our 16 (who are pretty good) have only had 3 games this year. Which is a massive issue.
    Why do you have to look at those already playing in schools? Use club officials/CCROs to widen playing numbers.
    Club competitions not happening isn't completely separate as its completely linked in.

Why do you have to look at those already playing in schools? Use club officials/CCROs to widen playing numbers.
    Club competitions not happening isn't completely separate as its completely linked in.

The problem is not using players already in school it is schools taking 60-70% of our players. 6-8 years of time wasted from the clubs point of view in many cases. Also, in many cases the most talented kids.

Do you really think it is possible to convince a talented soccer/GAA player to play with mediocre players when they could be playing a higher level of soccer/GAA? Diminish the talent and diminish the level of talent you can attract. Simple and easy concept.

To bring it back to the original point there is not a lack of money impacting our underage rugby. I imagine it is the same in many of the big clubs but cannot comment with certainty.

More CCROs means more kids get access to rugby and for longer. Ive done enough of the blitzes and coaching in schools to recognise that.
    Club competitions is completely linked as its the step on to the steps carried out by CCROs in new schools.

Anyway Crescent beat Bruff 14-12 with late drop goal in 2C....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 robocon

UCC v Thomond is off today. Any other games not going ahead?

robocon wrote: »
    UCC v Thomond is off today. Any other games not going ahead?
    Cork Con v Terenure, Young Munster v Galwegians in 1A, Dolphin and Blackrock in 1B
    Dungannon and Sundays Well and Highfield and Barnhall in 2B and Sligo and Tullamore in 2C
    Keep an eye on @sportslineIRL on twitter for updates on games....

Div 2C:
    Boyne 10 Dundalk 8, Midleton 25 Kanturk 0, Sligo Tullamore postponed, Wanderers 27 Navan 18

2B
    Armagh 9 Seapoint 0, Greystones 36 Bective Rangers 0, City of Derry Rainey postponed, Dungannon Sundays Well Postponed, Highfield Barnhall postponed

2A
    Cashel 43 Corinthians 6, Naas 7 Nenagh Ormond 10, Queens University 6 Banbridge 26, Skerries 24 Malone 29, UCC Thomond Postponed

1B
    Dolphin Blackrock postponed, Trinity 36 Shannon 11, Old Wesley 15 Ballymena 21, Belfast Harlequins 8 St Marys 32, UL Bohemians 20 Buccaneers 13

1A
    Ballynahinch 25 Lansdowne 13, Clontarf 39 Garryowen 25, Cork Con Terenure postponed, UCD 20 Old Belvedere 12, Young Munster Galwegians postponed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

1A
    Ballynahinch 25 Lansdowne 13, Clontarf 39 Garryowen 25, Cork Con Terenure postponed, UCD 20 Old Belvedere 12, Young Munster Galwegians postponed

Bad result for Lansdowne vs Hinch. Looks like a rebuilding year for them unless they get results quick and get hold of their Leinster players. Looking through that squad vs Clontarf/Ballynahinch and it's full of very young gifted players like Ryan, Deegan, Deacon, O'Donoghue, McKenna, Allen & Mpiko that will take time to get used to AIL but great to see Ruddock giving youth a chance.

UCD looking very strong and surely should secure a home semi-final bar a complete collapse. Very hard to know who will join 'Tarf and UCD in the Top 4 as I honestly can see anyone bar Wegians & Hinch making it in there.

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Bad result for Lansdowne vs Hinch. Looks like a rebuilding year for them unless they get results quick and get hold of their Leinster players. Looking through that squad vs Clontarf/Ballynahinch and it's full of very young gifted players like Ryan, Deegan, Deacon, O'Donoghue, McKenna, Allen & Mpiko that will take time to get used to AIL but great to see Ruddock giving youth a chance.

UCD looking very strong and surely should secure a home semi-final bar a complete collapse. Very hard to know who will join 'Tarf and UCD in the Top 4 as I honestly can see anyone bar Wegians & Hinch making it in there.

Would fancy Belvo to join the top 3 but 4th will be a tussle Garryowen, Young Munster, Cork Con would be the 3 battling for the the 4th spot I think. UCD have finally managed to align all their resources and are the top team in the league. They could possibly field as second very good AIL team. Their resources, financial clout thru scholarships, etc is way beyond resoures of any of the top clubs in the country. Suprised it has taken them this long to be the main team in league but most peoples favourites for league I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

How I see D 2A this weekend (The tightest Division)

Malone v Skerries (Skerries Win)
    Thomond v U.C.C. (Thomand Win)
    Banbridge v Queens University (Banbridge Win)
    Corinthians v Cashel RFC (Cashel Win)
    Nenagh v Naas (Naas Win but not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

$ausage$ wrote: »

Thomond v U.C.C. (Thomand Win)
    Corinthians v Cashel RFC (Cashel Win)

Malone v Skerries - Skerries defence is leaking tries at the minute. There attacking play is the best in the division at times but untill they sort out defence they will struggle to win.

Thomond v U.C.C. - Fancy UCC to topple Thomond here, depending on the weather and the pitch. Bad conditions will suit Thomond more.

Banbridge v Queens University- Banbridge to be too strong for Queens again this week.

Corinthians v Cashel RFC. - Cashel to win comfortably (provided Corinthians dont have their Connacht players available again)

Nenagh v Naas - Another tight contest, very hard to call. Nenagh on a bit of a resurgance after win against Skerries. Nenagh by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Agree with Skerries but any Ulster guys will be away from Malone and Queens this week I hear so not sure. The pitch can be a bit of a bog too if its wet.

UCC will not like it in thomand I think and they somehow always manage to stay in games and grind down opp.

If Banbridge lose it will be due to them taking their eye off the ball after a dominate display up in the dub

Cashel as you say if no connacht players

Who knows!

• Advertisement

Thomond v UCC (Thomond Win)
    Corinthians v Cashel (Cashel Win)
    Agree on all but Nenagh based on Nenaghs recent form.
    Agree with Skerries but any Ulster guys will be away from Malone and Queens this week I hear so not sure. The pitch can be a bit of a bog too if its wet.

UCC will not like it in thomand I think and they somehow always manage to stay in games and grind down opp.

If Banbridge lose it will be due to them taking their eye off the ball after a dominate display up in the dub

Cashel as you say if no connacht players

Who knows!
    Any academy guys etc being away will affect things. I think Cashel would beat Corinthians even if they had some of the Connacht players and its Thomond ;)
    even though Thomond are struggling as the game is in Liam Fitz id favour them

Weather forecast brutal again which could effect some fixtures, are fixtures postponed last week on this week in 1a?

Weather forecast brutal again which could effect some fixtures, are fixtures postponed last week on this week in 1a?
    The postponed games from last week have been scheduled to be played in February. The fixtures list had all teams playing back to back..
    Some fixtures could be affected....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 The Sceptic

Predictions:

2A
    Corinthians V Cashel (Cashel)
    Nenagh Ormond V Naas (Nenagh by a score)
    Banbridge V Queens University (Banbridge)
    Malone V Skerries (Malone)
    Thomond V UCC (Now way this game will go ahead so can't comment!!!)

2B
    Seapoint V Armagh (Armagh)
    Rainey Old Boys V City Of Derry (City Of Derry)
    Sundays Well V Dungannon (Sundays Well)
    Bective Rangers V Greystones (Bective)
    MU Barnhall V Highfield (Highfield)

2C
    Bruff V Old Crescent (Bruff by 1)
    Dundalk V Boyne (Dundalk)
    Kanturk V Midleton (Midleton)
    Tullamore V Sligo(Tullamore)
    Navan V Wanderers (Wanderers by a score)

Predictions:

2A
    Corinthians V Cashel (Cashel)
    Nenagh Ormond V Naas (Nenagh by a score)
    Banbridge V Queens University (Banbridge)
    Malone V Skerries (Malone)
    Thomond V UCC (Now way this game will go ahead so can't comment!!!)

2B
    Seapoint V Armagh (Armagh)
    Rainey Old Boys V City Of Derry (City Of Derry)
    Sundays Well V Dungannon (Sundays Well)
    Bective Rangers V Greystones (Bective)
    MU Barnhall V Highfield (Highfield)

2C
    Bruff V Old Crescent (Bruff by 1)
    Dundalk V Boyne (Dundalk)
    Kanturk V Midleton (Midleton)
    Tullamore V Sligo(Tullamore)
    Navan V Wanderers (Wanderers by a score)
    Why do you think Thomond UCC wont go ahead? Theyre playing in the Mardyke next weekend anyway....
    Would go to Corinthians Cashel if I had the time but don't.

Results
    2A:
    Malone 26 Skerries 7
    Thomond v UCC match postponed
    Banbridge 38 Queen's University 7
    Corinthians v Cashel match postponed
    Nenagh Ormond v Naas match postponed

2B
    Bective Rangers 13 Greystones 23
    MU Barnhall v Highfield match postponed
    Sunday's Well 9 Dungannon 6
    Rainey Old Boys v City of Derry match postponed
    Seapoint v Armagh match postponed

2C:
    Bruff 15 Old Crescent 9 played on Friday
    Dundalk 19 Boyne 21 played on Friday
    Kanturk v Midleton match postponed
    Navan 28 Wanderers 18
    Tullamore 49 Sligo 0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Hey lads, is there any site(or thread) that covers Leinster league. I know Knockon used to, would there be anything approaching that quality and info on the go?

Hey lads, is there any site(or thread) that covers Leinster league. I know Knockon used to, would there be anything approaching that quality and info on the go?
    Assume you are talking of Leinster junior leagues divisions 1a/b 2 etc
    Nothing approaching quality of rob murphy and knockon
    What kind of info do you want? All tables etc are on the leinster domestic website but to find match reports you will have to go to local papers and club facebook etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Assume you are talking of Leinster junior leagues divisions 1a/b 2 etc
    Nothing approaching quality of rob murphy and knockon
    What kind of info do you want? All tables etc are on the leinster domestic website but to find match reports you will have to go to local papers and club facebook etc

Yep, I know the table, just wondering what the story is with the teams in the division, Good players, transfers etc, form teams Enniscorthy obv dominating, Suttonians not winning a game etc, I saw them last year and they'd a tidy enough team, and they were AIL only two years ago, big decline.

Yep, I know the table, just wondering what the story is with the teams in the division, Good players, transfers etc, form teams Enniscorthy obv dominating, Suttonians not winning a game etc, I saw them last year and they'd a tidy enough team, and they were AIL only two years ago, big decline.
    Again you wont find a website that covers the leagues like that since Rob Murphy and knockon.ie finished up.
    If you wanted info on Transfers etc you could try contact the personnel in the Leinster branch office or those on leinster junior committee who are involved in the competitions or contact the clubs as there is no website covering the games like rob did.
    Suttonians lost a huge number of players once they went down junior like quite a few clubs do and they are in big rebuilding phase...

• Advertisement
Advertisement