Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Immobiliser key question

• 23-05-2015 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey all, have a question in relation to the immobiliser. So I have an 08 GSR600 and the key is a small Suzuki one. There is another key on the key ring which is a chunky one and is the immobiliser key.

To start the bike, you must have the side the chip is located in the big immobiliser key pressed against a certain part on the ignition and turn the actual key. It is a fiddly method to say the least and one I rarely get first time! I am not too sure why this is the case. I am assuming the keys were lost at some stage and this is the lazy remedy.

My question is about relocating the immobiliser chip into the actual key. Does anyone have any suggestions on who would do this or can it be done?
    As ever, appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

There's a place called auto key that can do them all, but depending on the type of chip most key cutters can clone immobilisers into a new key for you

Advertisement