Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help recovering family video MP4

Options
  • 23-05-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I recorded a video of my father singing at my grandmother's funeral last weekend to send to other family members who couldn't make it home...all was fine and it recorded fine but when I hit stop the camera crashed. So now I have a 300 mb file that won't play on VLC or windows media. I recorded it using a Google Nexus 4 .

I have tried video repair tool and while that works to a certain extent, the sound is all screwed up. Would anyone have any other suggestions? I'd happily pay to get it fixed even if I only got 30 seconds of decent quality

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Barlett wrote: »
    Hi All,

I recorded a video of my father singing at my grandmother's funeral last weekend to send to other family members who couldn't make it home...all was fine and it recorded fine but when I hit stop the camera crashed. So now I have a 300 mb file that won't play on VLC or windows media. I recorded it using a Google Nexus 4 .

I have tried video repair tool and while that works to a certain extent, the sound is all screwed up. Would anyone have any other suggestions? I'd happily pay to get it fixed even if I only got 30 seconds of decent quality

mate try uploading to youtube as a private video and see if it automatically converts it regards brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Sometimes, if you convert it to a different format it repairs itself. It depends on how badly screwed up it is.

Advertisement