Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door chime in Hkc Quantum 70

Options
  • 23-05-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm wondering is there any way to adjust the type of chime, volume or duration of it in the Quantum panel? I have eng code, but cant find any options that look like they would change the sound or duration of the beep. I'm only looking for basic notification that a door opened and not like the alarm is about to go off :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

no unfortunately theres no other option. I understand where you're coming from re the current sound as its very identical to the entry/exit tone. a voice chime would be nice. i.e. the keypad announces which door has opened. You could possibly buy a cheap door bell and a 12v relay and use the panels outputs to trip the door bell whenever the front door is triggered. This would require soldering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

That's unfortunate, guess I will get use to it as the feature is too useful to turn off. Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could add an external bell /chime triggered by an output programmed to trigger by the door zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 J3pdy

Hi everyone, just found this thread. I’ve recently had this alarm system fitted and for some reason even though the door chime is set to on when I set the alarm to leave and come back and unset it takes door chime off? Is this a fault or is this how it’s supposed to work. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Should stay active once turned on by 0#6 on the keypad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement