Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor

Options
  • 23-05-2015 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm looking for a relatively cheap ips (like around €150 or so) and a 120hz. I could have a budget of around €350, including shipping etc. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I could be wrong, but I think the only +60Hz IPS panel at the moment is the 144Hz one being used in Acer's new G-Sync monitor... But that's €800 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not sure either, but a TN panel would have quicker response times(Good for FPS or fast moving games) not sure if they also have quicker refresh rates though or if all panel types are the same in how they manufacture refresh rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I done some quick reading on monitors as I am also on the look out for a faster refresh rate monitor (Hz). I came across this and I know it is a old list that has not been updated in quite some time but most if not all on this list with high refresh rates are TN they would also have a quicker response time also.

http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/?source=list

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did a quick search of one or two of those models in Elara, and the prices were about €300-€380

Advertisement