Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same Sex Marriage Referendum Mega Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

AbeZeller wrote: »
    Well done comrades, with each passing day we learn that the Gentiles are brainless sheep and will believe anything we tell them. It was necessary to say that the institution of marriage will not change, but that was a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change and it should change. And again, I believe it should not exist.

By liberating the masses and giving them endless sexual 'rights' we can take their economic & political freedom before their very eyes and they will do nothing about it. They will live under the illusion that they are free. Soon children, the world will be ours and the Gentiles, being mere excrements of animals, will possess nothing.

is that you , our lady?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

I would have though the reregs would end for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't accept this as it's totally illegal.

It's wrong but religious orgs have a bit of an exemption from the equality act.

They can still discriminate against gay people - unless things have changed recently that I missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Sorry dude I'm straight.

Yeah right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Well done comrades, with each passing day we learn that the Gentiles are brainless sheep and will believe anything we tell them. It was necessary to say that the institution of marriage will not change, but that was a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change and it should change. And again, I believe it should not exist.

By liberating the masses and giving them endless sexual 'rights' we can take their economic & political freedom before their very eyes and they will do nothing about it. They will live under the illusion that they are free. Soon children, the world will be ours and the Gentiles, being mere excrements of animals, will possess nothing.

Ahm fah too dwunk to be readin dat like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

It's wrong but religious orgs have a bit of an exemption from the equality act.

They can still discriminate against gay people - unless things have changed recently that I missed.

I agree with you but it will make it more difficult for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

I'm not gay myself and I'm not even a huge fan of marriage but I voted Yes and quite honestly I think it's one of the proudest days I've ever spent as an Irish person so congratulations to our homosexual citizens, marry away :-)

Surely Italia 90 made you prouder ? all the Irish Fans packed into the Stadium , Jack Charlton and Charlie Haughey waving the tricolours .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I cried like a baby when the official announcement came in, all those happy people at Dublin Castle just put me over the edge. I've cracked open a bottle of champagne that's been lying around since Christmas, the Eurovision is starting in half an hour and the world is a better place tonight.

chipsdave wrote: »
    Surely Italia 90 made you prouder ? all the Irish Fans packed into the Stadium , Jack Charlton and Charlie Haughey waving the tricolours .

Well by all accounts by some people on this thread some voters were only a glint in their Daddy's eyes when Italia 90 happened.

By god Italia 90 was brilliant, fantastic and amazing. Bit like today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AbeZeller

davycc wrote: »
    is that you , our lady?:rolleyes:

Unaware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

chipsdave wrote: »

Maybe it did, I can't remember though, I was only 2 at the time :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Nice try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Aineoil wrote: »
    I was nervous because all my work colleagues were talking about voting no.

Nothing good comes from discussing politics in the workplace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I will try it again

Nonsense

wakka12 wrote: »
    Nice try

;) No, it is you who is silly. You leftists are just useful idiots. Soon we won't need you any more. But your help & political correctness has been greatly appreciated.

I stopped reading after brainless sheep.....because I suddenly realised I am one. Is there a support group for being brainless? Sorry I meant a group for brainless sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Any way to find out how each polling station voted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Isn't Vincent Browne just great? I think it was his idea to report from The George.

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Nothing good comes from discussing politics in the workplace

I agree nothing good comes of it. But now I know how narrow minded they are.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I stopped reading after brainless sheep.....because I suddenly realised I am one. Is there a support group for being brainless? Sorry I meant a group for brainless sheep.

Your local church. Join the flock! ;)

LOOOL shabbos goy ><

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

I'll be on the skittlebrau tonight anyway.

*gulp*

I'm not a flock person. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

*gulp*

And so it begins. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

jaffa20 wrote: »

That I'd love to know, tallies might be the closest way, I think once they're bundled they're just added into the general constituency count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

To the 39.5% of people that didn't vote, why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

;) No, it is you who is silly. You leftists are just useful idiots. Soon we won't need you any more. But your help & political correctness has been greatly appreciated.

It makes me happy though that there isn't a poster who genuinely thinks as backwardly as you, and you're obviously just saying these things to get a rise. So thanks lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

jaffa20 wrote: »
    for why?

Isn't Vincent Browne just great? I think it was his idea to report from The George.

he, bosco etc and the others put on a great surreal show, i couldnt stop watching:D wish i was in there tonight such a historic day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Im so proud to be Irish today.Today a statement was made that it is okay to love and marry who you want and to be quite frank i think it was insulting that people like Ronan Mullen were trying to impose the views of their bull**** religion on people who are not a part of it.Rights equality and free love 1 Homophobic Bigots 0 and don't give me this crap about the no side not being homophobic.They were trying to infringe on peoples rights and they were implying that the love between a man and a man and a woman and a woman was not a true love.The people have spoken and as a result of this Ireland will be a shining light to the rest of the world and a better place for us all in future years.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

So think the next Referendum should be for abortion is to change it so that if pregnancy is due to rape, incest, either the mom or baby or both are as risk or least right to choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

LOOOL shabbos goy ><

Oh no! Please tell me this is not going to descend into some Zionist grey lizard nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

*gulp*

I have made a grievous error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

That's what I said when I reported the poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Im so proud to be Irish today.Today a statement was made that it is okay to love and marry who you want and to be quite frank i think it was insulting that people like Ronan Mullen were trying to impose the views of their bull**** religion on people who are not a part of it.Right equality and free love 1 Homophobic Bigots 0 and don't give me this crap about the no side not being homophobic.They were trying to infringe on peoples rights and they were implying that the love between a man and a man and a woman and a woman was not a true love.The people have spoken and as a result of this Ireland will be a shining light to the rest of the world and a better place for us all in future years.

You must be gay or a gobsh1te or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Some of the comments on sky news Facebook page are hilarious :)
    Basicly we are all going to burn in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Gael23 wrote: »
    To the 39.5% of people that didn't vote, why??

What percentage voted for the first time and will never again vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sam Kade wrote: »
    What percentage voted for the first time and will never again vote?

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You must be gay or a gobsh1te or both.

reported too :rolleyes:

sjb25 wrote: »
    Some of the comments on sky news Facebook page are hilarious :)
    Basicly we are all going to burn in hell

Ah shur we like a bit of heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

So what's the next referendum lads? :P Yesterday was my first time eligible to vote and I had a great laugh voting and getting involved.

Sadly, I think the Irish government will only give us referendums when it suits them.

davycc wrote: »
    reported too :rolleyes:

It's unfortunate buy there are gob****es everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

Sadly, I think the Irish government will only give us referendums when it suits them.

And then if they don't get a result they want, force the same vote over and over again until they get what they want.

So what's the next referendum lads? :P
    legalise pot? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Ah shur we like a bit of heat.

:)!be great drying out every day if Notting elese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

Hitchens wrote: »
    legalise pot? :)

I'm hoping the next vote is to remove all power that the church currently holds.

Jester252 wrote: »
    The Irish public have send a massive message of support for LBGT community, along with another message that rural Ireland isn't as backwards as people think.

An utterly b*llocks assumption to begin with

• Advertisement

It's unfortunate buy there are gob****es everywhere.

a few immature brand new trolling sour grapes accounts set up today -:p

fecking bigots ,its all too much for them to 'suffer':pac:

Advertisement