Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same Sex Marriage Referendum Mega Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Billy86 wrote: »
    Let us never forget the time all those gays murdered six million odd straight people in such horrific ways.
    'Tis a particularly nasty little analogy by that person all right.

Yeh fair play RobertKK and Padd b - some could learn from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Norris just said to Browne (in relation to some sailors who propositioned St Patrick) that he denied their advances, but let them tickle his nipples.

Norris is hilarious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Both happy and sad about donegal. On one hand its a yes but on the other hand theres a lot of people against it. Like to think its just people trying to stick it to the government rather than being against trating gay people as equal but even then they are willing to sacrifice that just so they can say "lol, f u governmeint"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think it is important for people to stand up for what they believe. I am a firm believer in the ballot box and I always vote. I believe the ballot box is the final say, and there is no point being angry if the vote doesn't go as one would like.
    Everyone had an equal vote, so it is better to be happy that we have democracy, rather being bitter and angry over a result.
    I have never missed a vote in over 20 years, always vote to what I believe. Then I find I am at ease with myself and I can accept that others went to the polls, and voted for what they believed and they are at ease with how they voted.
    So when the result comes out, it doesn't bother me if my vote is on the losing side, I am just happy everyone has a vote and free to vote how they wish, and that gives us what people want.
    Thank you for your kind words, and again, congrats to Yes.

I really have nothing but respect for you after seeing your mature, respectful, gracious posts of late.

I'm sure we'll find something else to disagree on in another thread, but you're a good guy and I'm sure it's safe to say that you've earned a lot of respect from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

S.O wrote: »
    As I predicted if the same sex marriage referendum was passed liberals would push for very liberal abortion Law's like the UK has; #repealthe8th already trending heavily on Twitter last few hour's; some people out there are not content with taking away a child's To a mother and father when possible, now want to take away a child's right to life also.

This is not a thread to fight an abortion debate, or fight a referendum that is over.
    Fight with those #repealthe8th on twitter.

We should give Yes their day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Not even Callan could ruin today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Psychological abuse still happens today in Ireland. My brother and I have lived through it, barely. The effects are still obvious to anyone who knows us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Roscommon Sth Leitrim say NO!!!

Booooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Roscommon South Leitrim votes NO only place in the country awkward......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Roscommon- South Leitrim is the only one so far to vote no by majority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

catallus wrote: »
    Roscommon Sth Leitrim say NO!!!

Booooooo!

:(

Fcuk them.

Anally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Depends on the phone. Some Samsungs take them by wiping the side of your hand across the screen or holding the home and on/off buttons simultaneously.

Its a HTC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Oh God I'm embarrassed from my own county. :o
    Pity I couldn't vote- I'm only 17!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

sjb25 wrote: »
    Roscommon South Leitrim votes NO only place in the country awkward......

To be fair, they are waiting for an interspecies marriage referendum up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wulfie

ziedth wrote: »
    I am a yes voter, i mentioned in one of the other threads that i did it mainly because i have a little boy (and however many more on the way) who might one day be gay and want to marry soneone they love. Simple as that is was a yes vote. Now, even if i didn't have a child it would have been a yes off all the obvious reasons  

I Can't wait for my first gay wedding....

Why is it so hard understand why a father of a gay son, would not like to see his son ,bound by legal contract to another man ?

As for religion, I don't believe in any. The Bible is a guide on how civilisations rise and fall. Ireland is falling.

I must be a homophobe because I don't agree with this legislation. Or maybe I am what you lot were calling a "mouth breather" in earlier threads. Is that another way of calling us breeders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Will Roscommon be the only no? The other likely no voters flipped yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Roscommon/S. Lietrim, the only no so far. Ye'd have to ruin the streak lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

We need an update on this gowl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Cerveja

If there was a No in any area, I had a feeling it would've been Roscommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Really no need to be insulting Roscommon/Leitrim. This is going to pass by an overwhelming majority. There were no voters in all corners of the country, there just happened to be a few more there.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

When should I tune in to TV for the official announcement? I'm abroad.

Depends where you are then, doesn't it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Its a HTC
    Press power and volume down button together is one way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Our Lady

Roscommon/S. Lietrim, the only no so far. Ye'd have to ruin the streak lads.

God will bless those counties

Bacchus wrote: »
    Really no need to be insulting Roscommon/Leitrim. This is going to pass by an overwhelming majority. There were no voters in all corners of the country, there just happened to be a few more there.

Who insulted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I don't blame Roscommon. It always has to try hard to stand out on the national stage. I mean common is in their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Our Lady wrote: »
    God will bless those counties

Nah nah ne nah nah

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Are there no other Irish politicians available today?

Sky News - Gerry Adams = Screaming crowds = Yes vote!

Brilliant publicity coup for Adams and Sinn Fein, either by design or by luck?

Who insulted them.

Really?
    :(

Fcuk them.

Anally.
    To be fair, they are waiting for an interspecies marriage referendum up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Our Lady

Jester252 wrote: »
    I don't blame Roscommon. It always has to try hard to stand out on the national stage. I mean common is in their name.

You sound butthurt, go have a tea party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yes 52.02% and No 47.98% declared for Mayo according to RTE, very tight and a tremendous amount of work was put in by the Yes campaigners.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

70% Yes in Dublin South(68% turnout). 75% in Dublin South East.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Are there no other Irish politicians available today?

Brilliant publicity coup for Adams and Sinn Fein, either by design or by luck?

Get over your Adams obsession. Try and take a panoramic view of the history of the North's conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Seeing TD John Lyons earlier on TV with tears of pride in his eyes talking about all the people who travelled home to help carry this over the line, sums up the day for me.

Very proud day for this country, huge step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Get over your Adams obsession. Try and take a panoramic view of the history of the North's conflict.

We have had Sky news on in reception all day, and every time I walk past, the screen is as posted above!

Are there no other politicians available today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The whole crowd just booed in Dublin castle when they heard Roscommon voted no, no respect for people's vote there i see.

LOL moment on RTE when yer man professed his love for his husband on air and the crowd behind roared "nooooo".... the Roscommon result was put up on the big screen :D Unfortunate timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Bacchus wrote: »
    Really?

That's putting some colour into the conversation. I don't think getting huffy is the right response, it's just honest reaction. Chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The whole crowd just booed in Dublin castle when they heard Roscommon voted no, no respect for people's vote there i see.

Ah feck off. It's a party. Nobody liked a gloomy county at a party. T'was a good natured boo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

71.6% in Dun Laoghaire. 67% turnout.

That's half the Dublin ones in. Should be a similar % in the other half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Diarmuid Martin on the news now. He looks like he wants to have a bit of a cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Are there enough lemons in Ireland at the moment for people like you?

For once, despite his views always just amounting pretty much to "I don't agree with them because they're liberalz" I agree with Jonjo. Booing is childish.

That's putting some colour into the conversation. I don't think getting huffy is the right response, it's just honest reaction. Chill out.

I'm not huffy. I'm in a great mood and I'm chilled :) The "really" was just because the posts I quoted were literally a few posts above mine yet you couldn't see them. Nothing more to it than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Respect for their right to vote doesn't mean they have to be happy with the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No, the gays are using them all in their cocktails right now. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

To all those who voted no or are unhappy. Just look at all the love around Dublin castle ...let their love envelope you ..it will I promise :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wish RTE would leave the church and its clergy behind as much as the population has.

They got too much airtime.

• Advertisement

For once, despite his views always just amounting pretty much to "I don't agree with them because they're liberalz" I agree with Jonjo. Booing is childish.

Yup a bit childish but it's a total party atmosphere down there. Cheer for a every yes, boo every no. Put an inflatable bouncy ball in there and they'd cheer every time it gets knocked into the air and boo when hits the ground.

Advertisement