Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No audio from my monitor

Options
  • 23-05-2015 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    The audio from my Acer monitor has disappeared.
    I used to get the audio from the PC through the built-in speakers in my Acer H243HX monitor via the HDMI cable.
    I don't what's happened, I have no audio anymore! :(

I use Win 7 Home Premium, in Device Manager it says AMD High Definition Audio Device, there are no warning marks anywhere. The speaker icon bottom left has a red cross on it.
    Please, tell me what to do...! :(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Probably just muted. Do you have speaker controls on your keyboard? If so just tap the mute button.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Similar issue using HDMI for me. Onboard graphics, sound works fine, with the GPU it doesn't work.

Downgrading to 12.3 sound drivers helps supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

degsie wrote: »
    Probably just muted. Do you have speaker controls on your keyboard? If so just tap the mute button.

It's much more complicated than this.
    It doesn't find any device that can manage audio, it's like it has lost a configuration...

Similar issue using HDMI for me. Onboard graphics, sound works fine, with the GPU it doesn't work.

Downgrading to 12.3 sound drivers helps supposedly

How can I downgrade a driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

It's much more complicated than this.
    It doesn't find any device that can manage audio, it's like it has lost a configuration...

Huh? You said device manager is showing hdmi audio device with no warnings. Do you mean you have no audio playback devices showing?

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Huh? You said device manager is showing hdmi audio device with no warnings. Do you mean you have no audio playback devices showing?

Yes, it seems so... :(

Advertisement