Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    Bowe back to terrorise the mexicans? Happy days! :D

Hopefully. As great as he has been, I'd happily enough have a 32 year old Tommy Bowe who hasn't played in 5 months play us ahead of Trimble and Gilroy.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »
    Hopefully. As great as he has been, I'd happily enough have a 32 year old Tommy Bowe who hasn't played in 5 months play us ahead of Trimble and Gilroy.

He'll be on the bench I am sure. You can still have Craig scores-too-many-tries Gilroy for the full 80. :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Hagz wrote: »

Something about nothing...you'd think...

UR would face one hell of a backlash from season tickets holders if they fecked this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm sure any 'out clause' would contain compensation for Ulster if exercised. Otherwise why would Ulster tie themselves to a deal and therefore give up another possible signing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm sure any 'out clause' would contain compensation for Ulster if exercised. Otherwise why would Ulster tie themselves to a deal and therefore give up another possible signing?

For the chance to sign an international standard player

Lads there's no chance this clause exists.

Ulster are stupid sometimes, but not THAT stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Lads there's no chance this clause exists.

Ulster are stupid sometimes, but not THAT stupid.

Can I frame that and wheel it out some time in the near future?.... ;-)

just seen the coetzee interview on newsline. Very excited, he credits ruan for helping him make the decision.

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Can I frame that and wheel it out some time in the near future?.... ;-)

just seen the coetzee interview on newsline. Very excited, he credits ruan for helping him make the decision.

Haven't watched the BBC NI interview yet but that in itself should be enough evidence this is just the hopeful musings of a member of the Sharks management.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

South Africa don't have a policy on not selecting foreign based players, do they?

If he's performing well enough at Ulster to merit selection I don't see why he wouldn't be picked anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's not about being selected for the Springboks, it's about his national contract. He wasn't satisfied with the contract the current SA coach was putting forward, hence he decided to leave so young for Ulster. The article is insinuating that if the new coach coming in over the next few months is willing to improve upon the previous offering, he might be tempted to stay.

• Advertisement

It's not about being selected for the Springboks, it's about his national contract. He wasn't satisfied with the contract the current SA coach was putting forward, hence he decided to leave so young for Ulster. The article is insinuating that if the new coach coming in over the next few months is willing to improve upon the previous offering, he might be tempted to stay.

Well he has given an interview to BBC NI saying how much he is looking forward to coming to Ireland to better himself as a rugby so it's a complete non story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yeah, that's it. Keep saying it's a non story and maybe it'll go away.

Yeah, that's it. Keep saying it's a non story and maybe it'll go away.

Yeah and of course the more you mention the more legitimacy you'll add to it.

There is also some sort of crap surrounding Ulster's signings. It happened when we announced Pienaar was coming, it has happened with Piutau and now this with Coetzee. Again, I repeat for the third time, I've just watched a video, uploaded today, of Coetzee talking about coming to Ulster. I see no reason whatsoever to think differently. Just like there was no reason to think Piutau wasn't coming.

Back row for tomorrow

Henderson
    Henry
    Williams

Yes please.

AOC back as well.

Those two will make a big difference to our back.

(15-9): S Olding, C Gilroy, L Marshall, S McCloskey, R Scholes, P Jackson, R Pienaar;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring (C), R Lutton, A O'Connor, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, N Williams;
    Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, K McCall, A Warwick, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, S Windsor, D Cave.

HENDERSON AT SIX

(15-9): S Olding, C Gilroy, L Marshall, S McCloskey, R Scholes, P Jackson, R Pienaar;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring (C), R Lutton, A O'Connor, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, N Williams;
    Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, K McCall, A Warwick, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, S Windsor, D Cave.

HENDERSON AT SIX

Good pack. Would rather McCall was starting though. Also having Trimble or Payne back would have been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

It'll be nice to see Henderson back, hopefully he does well. Is he afraid of a scissors these days? He'd make for a good subject in homeless or hipster.

_80401168_henderson.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

bilston wrote: »
    Good pack. Would rather McCall was starting though. Also having Trimble or Payne back would have been nice.

Interesting that Munster have picked all their Ireland players for what will be a procession against Zebre, but Ulster haven't picked any of theirs for a much tougher assignment.

Interesting that Munster have picked all their Ireland players for what will be a procession against Zebre, but Ulster haven't picked any of theirs for a much tougher assignment.

And Glasgow have a fair few Scotland guys back too.

• Advertisement

Especially given Glasgow have most of their guys back.

I like Kiss a lot but his selections sometimes surprise me.

Bazzo wrote: »
    It'll be nice to see Henderson back, hopefully he does well. Is he afraid of a scissors these days? He'd make for a good subject in homeless or hipster.

Or a Boards.ie mod.

One coach is under a lot more pressure than the other. I mentioned it earlier this season when they were going away to Treviso in their final pool game and already eliminated. They sent out their strongest team. Foley can't afford to experiment much at all given the level of discontent.

Last season, not a single player who took the field against Scotland was involved in Munster's first fixture after the 6N which was an interprovincial clash. This season, guys like Stander who started every 6N game are going to be involved against Zebre and 4 lads who started against Scotland starting despite having a day less of recovery this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    Or a Boards.ie mod.

Well nobody has confused me for a lock anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

.ak wrote: »

prop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

.ak wrote: »

I've seen you .ak

You would pass for a mascot!! Actually there's a bit of a Paul Marshall about you!!

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    I've seen you .ak

You would pass for a mascot!! Actually there's a bit of a Paul Marshall about you!!

You're one to talk! :D

The more you look at the Glasgow the more you have to wonder why Payne and Trimble aren't playing for us. I understand resting Rory, and anyway Herring is a more than able deputy, but Payne and Trimble should be playing in this game. FFS Payne has played 4 games of rugby in 5 months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I don't think it's much of an issue, in the positions where Ulster are resting players there's excellent alternatives and you can afford to give the returning player a rest without losing a lot. That backline in particular looks very dangerous. Best's experience would've come in handy off the bench though.

It's not the player welfare policy keeping Irish players out of the Ulster squad tonight is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

TO LLAMAS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Hendo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

It's not the player welfare policy keeping Irish players out of the Ulster squad tonight is it?

No.

Lovely from Olding there.

No.

I thought so. One of the panel on BBC NI saying that's why they're missing players. Obviously hasn't checked the Munster lineup.

been great game so far

I thought so. One of the panel on BBC NI saying that's why they're missing players. Obviously hasn't checked the Munster lineup.

Yeah it was Ryan Constable. Again I repeat, Payne has played 4 games since September. Why does he need a rest?! I assume the hamstring may be a factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jonnie Gray has no intention of staying on his feet at rucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Was FNW really just lifted in the line out? ??

We defend so narrow it's unreal sometimes

If anyone's watching this on BBC Alba whack on the English commentary. I think it's John beattie but he gives Gusher a run for his money in terms of not knowing who's actually holding the ball etc

• Advertisement

Score lads please?

3-7 ulster 26 mins in. Glasgow putting huge pressure on last few mins though. Brutal match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Score lads please?

7-3 to Ulster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is the TMO an Ulsterman?

6-7 Ulster now.

Scythica wrote: »
    3-7 ulster 26 mins in. Glasgow putting huge pressure on last few mins though. Brutal match

i'm enjoying it
    ulster look dangerous but glasgow growing into it with great offloads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

7-6 now

That pitch is in a state.

6-10
    momentum back to ulster I think

• Advertisement

Ulster lucky not a sin binning