If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STR-DN850 in Republic or other Home Cinema/Network amp

Options
  • 23-05-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

hello,

I'm not an expert on HiFi though I am reasonably tech savvy. I'm interested in an AV Amp with multiple  HDMI for all the movies which I legally download and watch in my living room on my network.

If there's a good value option which would also allow me to move my Sonos to another room by replicating streaming/Internet Radio it would be great. I see the STR-DN850 available for £250 in-store in the UK which sounds promising though I don't feel like driving to Belfast. (controlling the amp from iPad/phone would be ideal)

(I've recently abandoned Spotify premium for Google Play as I find the Radio/I'm feeling Lucky functionality to be far superior but I guess Google Play compatible devices are rare... I have an MP3 collection on a NAS)

Any suggestions/advice appreciated 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi bluesteel,

You're absolutely correct, the Sony STR-DN850, the baby brother of the monstrous and multiple award winning Sony STR-DN1050, would indeed provide all of these features. It has multiple HDMI inputs, 4K Upscaling, DLNA to enable streaming from a NAS drive or other home network, Internet radio and app control. However as stated on the website, this unit is only available for purchase in-store at this price.

Two alternatives you may wish to look at which we are able to ship would be the Denon AVRX2100 and the Yamaha RXV-677, priced at £279 and £299 respectively. Both of these amplifiers will enable you to use all of the aforementioned features, however both feature more HDMI inputs than the 850 does, the Denon in particular has a massive 8 inputs and 2 outputs. The Denon AVRX2100 also features Bluetooth Connectivity.

Have a think sure and let us know. If you'd like a chat about these units, don't hesitate to give us a quick shout on 0044 333 900 0070, or just drop us a PM.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.