Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPS or 120hz or Dual Setup?

Options
  • 23-05-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'd like to get a half decent IPS monitor for gaming (as long as response times aren't massive and the colours are nice it's perfect) and literally the cheapest 120hz money can buy (2 separate monitors, both around 23-24 inches and 1080p). Budget atm is about €350 (inc. shipping), which I do understand is low, but could be pushed up. The plan is the IPS for games like Bioshock and videos etc. and the 120hz for CS:Go, BF4 and the like. Could anyone recommend anything? Also, if anyone thinks what I'm looking for is unnecessary or has better suggestions, feel free to share. Thanks in advance for any help.
    TL;DR looking for decent IPS & budget 120hz (if such a thing exists). Budget €350 but can be pushed up. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

You probably would need to stretch you budget to at least 550e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

10/10 did not need new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why get 2 monitors. I use a TN panel and the colours are perfect. Ok a IPS supposedly has better colours than a TN but a PLS has even better colours than IPS and better viewing angles. Here is a short video explaining the difference between them all.

I would not get two screens. I have two but one is my old 720P TV that i use for xbox, xbox 360 and wii.

Here is a 144Hz, 1ms Panel for €259.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

get a crt for csgo and a korean ips for everything else

Advertisement