Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert problems

Options
  • 23-05-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello guys, going through an unfortunate time at the moment and it's effecting my junior cert. There was an unfortunate event this week (family death) which kept me out of school for four days and I didn't do any study as I was upset due to the event. I was going great with my study and school work before this happened, I would stuff well and know how to do most things in my exam papers. Now I can't study probably at all without getting distracted and I feel like I can't remember anything that I've done and feel like I can't do the things I once could? I'm also feeling tired. Do you's know what this is? Could it be stress due to the death in my family? I'm just so worried because my junior cert is in 11 days and I don't want it to affect my results. I was going great but now I've gone way downhill:( my mam says it's probably due to the horrible week and just try start back fresh on Monday but is that too late? I just need some advice on why I can't remember the things I've studied (at the moment never happend before) and can't do stuff I once could? I hope it's just stress and if it is any way to clear my head so I can get back to the way I was ASAP. I want to be able to study great and remember everything that I have studied, but I don't know what it is the last few days. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to deal with at any time, let alone when you are worrying about exams.

There is plenty of time to start back fresh - you have your work already done.

Don't worry so much about it, everything will be OK. If you really feel you can't face the exams, well, that's OK too, your school will still let you back to do the Leaving, but I think you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Chickenwing47

spurious wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to deal with at any time, let alone when you are worrying about exams.

There is plenty of time to start back fresh - you have your work already done.

Don't worry so much about it, everything will be OK. If you really feel you can't face the exams, well, that's OK too, your school will still let you back to do the Leaving, but I think you will be fine.

Thanks a lot, my man said start back fresh tomorrow but is that to little time? Do I need to start today??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tomorrow is fine. Take a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Arabella99

Is it compulsory to sit the Junior Cert to move on to Transition Year?

Arabella99 wrote: »

Not from any Department of Education point of view.
    A few people never sit the Junior, due to all sorts of reasons and they do just fine in TY or LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Arabella99 wrote:

I'm in 3rd year right now and I know someone who isn't sitting the Junior Cert. He has some depression issues and he has missed too many days of school so he won't be sitting the exam but he will be back next year so I don't think the Junior Cert is compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Arabella99

Can you be held back if you do not have/sit the Junior Cert?

Arabella99 wrote: »
    Can you be held back if you do not have/sit the Junior Cert?

Not according to any Department of Education rules.

Why would you choose not to sit it if you have been preparing for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trowlens

Do examiners mark students down if they come after a really good paper?. For example a really smart student in my year has his exam number before mine we are in the same exam center too. Does this mean that he will be corrected before me and if so will I be marked harder as his was better than mine?

Trowlens wrote: »
    Do examiners mark students down if they come after a really good paper?. For example a really smart student in my year has his exam number before mine we are in the same exam center too. Does this mean that he will be corrected before me and if so will I be marked harder as his was better than mine?

Answered this in the other thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement