Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Payee Only Cheque

Options
  • 23-05-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My wife received a tax refund from Revenue via cheque. She is currently abroad for the foreseeable future for work purposes. Is she able to endorse this cheque over to me so I can deposit or cash it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

dpi9000 wrote: »
    My wife received a tax refund from Revenue via cheque. She is currently abroad for the foreseeable future for work purposes. Is she able to endorse this cheque over to me so I can deposit or cash it?
    Hi dpi9000,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie

A cheque issued by Revenue would need to be lodged into an account in the name of the person that the cheque has been made out to.

If your wife has the cheque she can send it to her account holding branch along with a cover letter outlining the details of the account that the cheque is to be lodged to.

If you are in possession of the cheque you can certainly lodge it to your wife's account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dpi9000

Hi dpi9000,

A cheque issued by Revenue would need to be lodged into an account in the name of the person that the cheque has been made out to.

If your wife has the cheque she can send it to her account holding branch along with a cover letter outlining the details of the account that the cheque is to be lodged to.

If you are in possession of the cheque you can certainly lodge it to your wife's account.

Thanks

Nicola
    Hey Nicola

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that my wife closed her Bank of Ireland current account just before she left the country, about a month ago, so she has no Irish bank account at the moment.

I currently have a Bank of Ireland current account, so would it be possible for her to still send the cheque to her old branch with a cover letter asking for it to be lodged into my account, or does the account that it is to be lodged into need to be in her name?

Thank you.

Hi dpi9000,

Thanks

Nicola
    Hey Nicola

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that my wife closed her Bank of Ireland current account just before she left the country, about a month ago, so she has no Irish bank account at the moment.

I currently have a Bank of Ireland current account, so would it be possible for her to still send the cheque to her old branch with a cover letter asking for it to be lodged into my account, or does the account that it is to be lodged into need to be in her name?

Thank you.
    Hi dpi9000,

If your wife no longer has a bank account in her name then she should get in contact with Revenue to see if they can make arrangements to issue the refund through an alternative method.

This cheque can only be lodged into an account in the name of the payee on the cheque.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dpi9000

Hi dpi9000,

Thanks

Nicola
    Hey Nicola

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you.
    Hi dpi9000,

If your wife no longer has a bank account in her name then she should get in contact with Revenue to see if they can make arrangements to issue the refund through an alternative method.

This cheque can only be lodged into an account in the name of the payee on the cheque.

Thanks

Nicola
    Thanks Nicola, I was in touch with Revenue already about this and they said they're unable to so anything since the cheque has already been issued.

I think the only option would be to lodge the cheque abroad, but the fees are quite hefty for lodging a foreign cheque I believe.

Anyhow, thanks for your help and your speedy response, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You’re welcome, get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement