Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declined accurate receipt

Options
  • 23-05-2015 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Ive had a recent bad experience related to a motor repair,
    Ive contacted the customer care number related to the organisation but they have directed me back to the dealership where I had the bad experience, basically I expect no impartiality from them and no good outcome of that and I expect I will have to go higher up the chain to resolve the issue, although I'm unhappy that the customer care section has directed me back to the people who have given me the problem.

Namely I paid for a replacement part to be fitted, was offered a free checkup and they decided to put the results of this on my invoice. I asked for an individual receipt of the component I had ordered to be replaced, as far as Im concerned they can detail any other issues in their free checkup separately as I did not order this but was offered it instead. Aside from this their attitude was very poor after I declined further work, and there is another more serious problem, to say the least without going into greater detail which isnt necessary at the moment.

Im trying to find out which consumer body is which, there seems to be a number of them and I want to make sure I have a complete lineup of them all and if they are a state organisation or a state funed or private and who has the most clout, basically who is best to get advice from over getting an accurate receipt for services I paid for (among some other problems).

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why is it important that this list is not on your receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What is your issue? You got a receipt that is too detailed? This is not a complaint.

Why do you not want the free checkup details on the receipt? Are you trying to sell a vehicle and want to show something like the timing belt was replaced but don't want the buyer to see a list of other defects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Strange that you complain about a service provided for free, it's a first on this forum. They were obviously pretty thorough if they found those issues and contientious enough to advise you of them, giving you the option of having them done there or going somewhere else. Of course, to see if they were right you will have to pay a mechanic to check your car. It's a strange one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Suppose I wanted to sell a car, and wanted to prove that the the brakes had been renewed: it would be a disadvantage to me if the if the documentary proof that the brakes had been renewed also detailed some other problems needing attention, and which might cost a good amount to rectify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Oryx wrote: »
    Why is it important that this list is not on your receipt?
    What is your issue? You got a receipt that is too detailed? This is not a complaint.

Why do you not want the free checkup details on the receipt? Are you trying to sell a vehicle and want to show something like the timing belt was replaced but don't want the buyer to see a list of other defects?

I want a receipt for what I paid for, the other stuff are items they offered to look at, its not what I engaged them to do, while I'm happy they point them out, my car also left with a fault it didn't have before after a few hours with them. Neither ere they willing to sign or stamp the logbook and then only did so reluctantly, with the incorrect mileage.
    I've no intention of selling the car, some of the items which passed the NCT lately having been on a rolling road, I intend to replace or get done as a matter of course as consumable wear items which I was aware of anyway, others were not pointed out as an issue on the NCT despite being on the rolling road and whatever's suspension checks they do which seem thorough, while the dealer as at pains to point out after the initial offer of a free health check that the service was only a visual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Suppose I wanted to sell a car, and wanted to prove that the the brakes had been renewed: it would be a disadvantage to me if the if the documentary proof that the brakes had been renewed also detailed some other problems needing attention, and which might cost a good amount to rectify.

I assume this is the issue. I would have little sympathy for the OP if the problems highlighted were confirmed safety issues.
    If, on the other hand, the suggested work is remedial for cosmetic, or normal wear and tear, for a car of it's age, then that is a different matter.

In my experience, these "free offers"/ "winter safety checks" always come with strings attached.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The fault you are blaming them for is a separate issue. So they mentioned faults and you didn't want them to. Is it because it makes your service history look bad? Was the service log mileage a genuine mistake or are you inferring shenanigans?

Oryx wrote: »
    The fault you are blaming them for is a separate issue. So they mentioned faults and you didn't want them to. Is it because it makes your service history look bad? Was the service log mileage a genuine mistake or are you inferring shenanigans?

Im saying its a stupid mistake given the previous service mileage is right beside it and they had the mileage from the odometer on the invoice, on top of the fact they declined and then were reluctant to sign and stamp the logbook.

Please follow this thread to its conclusion
    trying to calm myself down

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057435134

Its part and parcel of the whole problem, it started out as a receipt problem and their crappy attitude when being insistent on doing more work and then getting very disagreeable when I declined, me being so concerned about their protestations of safety issues that I put my son in the car of the person that gave me a lift to collect the car and driving home and realising immediately that the brakes were not the same.

Calling customer care and having them tell me its a very serious matter to say I think they tampered or were negligent in their work, before I even knew what was wrong, well its a very serious matter Mr O from customer services, on the other end of the line. I know it is not your personal fault but you work for the customer care of this oprganisation, and they just shot themselves in both feet.
    I gave you till Tuesday to ring me back or Id proceed with this, I dont expect you're looking here (its a very slim chance) as I have not revealed the dealership and will wait on advice from a solicitor, but in case you do, ring me ASAP as I'll be calling a solicitor tomorrow.

Advertisement