Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a drama/musical/comedy for teens

Options
  • 23-05-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm teaching a group of roughly 20 students between the ages of 12-18 music for an hour once a week (extra curricular). I'm thinking of introducing drama and maybe trying a small musical. They wouldn't all be good at singing but they try, acting skills would be 'okay', again they'd all try. Is there any musical you'd recommend? Or even a comedy in the form of a play that I could throw in some popular songs into? Last year I treated it like a choir but next year I'd like to try something else. Do you think they'd be entertained enough by this for an hour? I've a few negative Nora's in the group that think they are Mariah careys! 😉 I wouldn't perform it, only if it were up to scratch. I've no one for backing music so i'd have to go the route of backing tracks from itunes perhaps. Links to recommended dramas and musicals would be much appreciated.

Advertisement