Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off to Roscommon-South Leitrim with you

Options
  • 24-05-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭

in recognition of their unique status after today's referendum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's with all the mad threads tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

oh ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's with all the mad threads tonight?

Tonight?

It's like this all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Minority counties shouldn't be marginalised.

• Advertisement

Roscommon is a nice county, I think. Tarmonbarry is a really picturesque place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Right this minute there are long columns of refugees from the Iona Institute muttering the rosary and trudging towards Roscommon where they hope to get asylum status.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Right this minute there are long columns of refugees from the Iona Institute muttering the rosary and trudging towards Roscommon where they hope to get asylum status.

Oh, imagine. Build a big gay wall around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Sure Kennys home county weren't much better tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭SummerSummit

Ronan Mullen is the annoying type who says the rosary 3 words slower then everyone else. Get off to Roscommon with ya http://f.tqn.com/y/animatedtv/1/S/J/H/sp808PressImageTownsPeople.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

A lot more people voted against SSM in Dublin than did in Roscommon or Leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

A couple of Rossies took my side in a scrap one night so....f off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Roscommon & Leitrim just wanted to put themselves back on the map, they're now a class two relic along with the holy stone of clonrichert

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I think someone should organise a big piss up in roscommon for all the LGBT people in ireland! It'd be fabulous! !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

someone should open a gaybar there, just to p!ss them off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Wang King wrote: »
    Roscommon & Leitrim just wanted to put themselves back on the map, they're now a class two relic along with the holy stone of clonrichert
    Careful now. Last time I saw the holy stone of clonrichert it was stuck up some bishops hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

A sizable minority in every county voted no (some 40% overall) add the 50% who didn't even vote the referemdum(lots of passive no voters) we're far from the LGBT paradise that's being painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

fryup wrote: »
    someone should open a gaybar there, just to p!ss them off
    Why would that piss them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

With this terrible vote passed today and that thing on the eurovision, a man dressed as a woman with a beard! What is the world comming to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

risteard7 wrote: »
    With this terrible vote passed today and that thing on the eurovision, a man dressed as a woman with a beard! What is the world comming to

That's Linda Martin ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

catallus wrote: »
    Roscommon is a nice county, I think. Tarmonbarry is a really picturesque place.

+1. Such a contrast and a welcome site once you unfortunately pass through that Longford town kip.

Keenan's best pub grub in the country. Walls are littered with critic awards and plaques.

+1. Such a contrast and a welcome site once you unfortunately pass through that Longford town kip.

Keenan's best pub grub in the country. Walls are littered with critic awards and plaques.

Dined there a few times, very nice. The Purple Onion was nice spot too.

In summer time it looks very much like paradise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Sure Kennys home county weren't much better tbf
    True. Terribly disappointed in how close the Mayo vote was myself (though obviously still happy it was a yes), especially when you look at the likes of Wexford and Louth who passed it convincingly! Still a very conservative culture in Mayo suppose, which is understandable I considering all of the youth move to the cities for work and college. My own village narrowly voted No, though my father who has lived here forever and never went to college was a strong yes.

Dublin deserves a lot of credit today. Very proud day for the entire country, but especially the capital imo. Lead by example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

risteard7 wrote: »
    a man dressed as a woman with a beard!

No. He's a man with a beard, dressed as a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mod: use the main thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement