Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Mobile Phones?

Options
  • 24-05-2015 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am thinking about buying a mobile phone from argos and am wondering if this is a safe thing to do?
    Has anyone had a positive or negative experience when it comes to buying mobile phones from argos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

RyanV252 wrote: »
    I am thinking about buying a mobile phone from argos and am wondering if this is a safe thing to do?
    Has anyone had a positive or negative experience when it comes to buying mobile phones from argos?

It doesn't matter where you buy the phone. You will still have the same consumer rights and get the same deals the networks offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They will probably be older models but they will work fine, no issues there. I've bought lots of SIM-free phones from Amazon UK and they all work on the Irish networks.

Just make sure you're not buying a phone from Argos UK that's tied to a network deal - it must be a SIM-free model. No issues with the charger voltage or plug either, will work fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Bought my last phone from argos, no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Real_World?

Will the Argos Sim Free phones work in Australia. As bought one today but a sticker on the box says you need to activate the phone using an Irish Sim card.

Thanks

Advertisement