Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAAGO Discount Codes

Options
  • 24-05-2015 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Half price on the games with the codes on Gaago.ie

Limerick v Clare - 15HMQF1

Cavan v Monaghan - 15FUQF1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Would love to know how many subscribers they have for this service.

The pricing is ridiculous. 1 game costs more than a month's Netflix sub. Season pass is about 300% cost of AFL live pass which gives orders of magnitude more games. Fricking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Would love to know how many subscribers they have for this service.

The pricing is ridiculous. 1 game costs more than a month's Netflix sub. Season pass is about 300% cost of AFL live pass which gives orders of magnitude more games. Fricking joke.

It is hideously expensive. I tried last weekend to stream a game on Rte player and BBC player. Both failed and had to buy it. It is a good quality stream which is the least to expect.

And if it is the only reliable source people will buy it I suppose.

It is hideously expensive. I tried last weekend to stream a game on Rte player and BBC player. Both failed and had to buy it. It is a good quality stream which is the least to expect.

And if it is the only reliable source people will buy it I suppose.

Probably reliable as you had whole server to yourself ;)

I have never had an issue streaming. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for the service but nowhere near current rate. I mean it's more expensive than it was to pay for Setanta for same period which also have Pro12, Top 15 and Soccer etc.

Trying to watch the Cavan Monaghan game on google chrome with holy.

It's nearly unwatchable with the blocky picture and buffering. What other ways are you streaming it that have better quality?

THis is he reason I paid for it last week, just unreliable streams justify paying for good quality streams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Discussion of copyright evasion is not permitted on Boards. Please don't drag this thread off-topic in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TrueDub wrote: »
    Discussion of copyright evasion is not permitted on Boards. Please don't drag this thread off-topic in that direction.
    Are GAA matches copyrighted?
    I'd have though that streaming from RTE's is fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Discussion of the legitimately-available methods of watching these games is perfectly permissible. Discussion of non-legitimate ways is not permitted.

Trying to watch the Cavan Monaghan game on google chrome with holy.

It's nearly unwatchable with the blocky picture and buffering. What other ways are you streaming it that have better quality?

THis is he reason I paid for it last week, just unreliable streams justify paying for good quality streams

The question I asked was what other ways are you streaming it - i think you were a bit hasty in suggesting I was talking about illegal streams.

TrueDub wrote: »

I asked that the thread not go in that direction - it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it was a request to all posters to bear in mind the rules around this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Can hardly blame people when ya look at the prices of GAAGO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can hardly blame people when ya look at the prices of GAAGO

Had a look thete, €10 a game and €160 for the season pass. The UFC equivalent is €7.99 a month and gives you access to a lot more.

Discussion on copyright avoidance, or geo-locking avoidance, is not permitted on Boards. This includes tools mentioned in this thread. Some posts have been edited or deleted for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

any codes for Derry down next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

any codes for Derry down next weekend?
    not yet, as in, the weekly email from GAA go hasnt been sent so its not clear if there will be a code at all.

BBC will also have the game (and in the UK now available online using a far better distributed streaming architecture than RTE seem to be employing) and its a pity theres not a choice of taking their coverage on GAAGO, but GAA GO is an RTE product so they probably are just as happy keep it in house.

Use the Code BIRTHDAY to get 25% off the games this weekend and the Season Pass.

Games this weekend are:

Donegal v Armagh
    Mayo v Galway
    The Sunday Game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Does having a subscription with rte player mean you can get the games on here too?
    I am guessing the geniuses in RTE are trying to find the right price in which to sell their content and at the moment, the prices are much too high.

Etihad Airways will sponsor GAAGO’s coverage of all matches throughout the summer, which will be streamed to Gaelic Games fans internationally as a part the service in 2015.To celebrate this sponsorship announcement, customers of GAAGO will receive a 20% discount on a Season Pass, GB Pass or any of this weekend’s programmes when purchasing using the Promo Code ETIHAD, before the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Recession Buster

Hi, what are the streams like this year? i tried a couple of times last season but the streams where unwatchable so I'm reluctant to throw any more cash at it?

I've watched 3 games so far this season. First was fine. 2nd was about half an hour delayed which was quite annoying. 3rd was terrible. Very bad buffering, kept jumping and the picture was quite blurred.

I complained to GAAGO and they did nothing. My speeds and connection were great too but they didn't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Recession Buster

That's pretty much my experience too, it's not cheap but the really frustrating thing is when you stay up in the middle of the night and you just can't get it to work. I remember doing a big survey from RTE a couple of years ago basically asking how much customers would be willing to pay for a service like this. Seems they spent more time on priceing and marketing than on figuring out how to deliver a watchable service.

• Advertisement

That's pretty much my experience too, it's not cheap but the really frustrating thing is when you stay up in the middle of the night and you just can't get it to work. I remember doing a big survey from RTE a couple of years ago basically asking how much customers would be willing to pay for a service like this. Seems they spent more time on priceing and marketing than on figuring out how to deliver a watchable service.

GAA completely fooked this up. They charge at very top of premium price scale for a sh1thouse service. This bloody thing probably costs them money to deliver as opposed to generating any revenue. Would make more sense to give it away for free via RTE streaming type arrangement and grow overseas fan engagement.

Advertisement