Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Wii U 32gb limited ed w/ Zelda WW HD + 4 games + €20 voucher - €220 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Digitalism wrote: »
    Looks a great deal for a great console.

FYP. :)

Fantastic deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

damn that is really tempting, great find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Im only after buying a xbone 3 days ago.... gahhh the temptation!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

Hah, I just bought the basic model with Mario Kart 8 for 199 a week ago . Lads if you are thinking about this and you like Nintendo games, pull the trigger. I haven't had this much fun since I bought the NES with my first communion money :p. Great deal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Roark wrote: »
    Hah, I just bought the basic model with Mario Kart 8 for 199 a week ago . Lads if you are thinking about this and you like Nintendo games, pull the trigger. I haven't had this much fun since I bought the NES with my first communion money :p. Great deal imo.

Where did you get the deal for 199?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Digitalism wrote: »

Edit.. Good find op. The only issue is the 4 games that come with it are budget titles. 2 of which are from the Wii and not Wii U. Not saying they're bad games but can be picked up for peanuts these days.

That said its the Zelda edition which is beautiful so for anyone even remotely considering getting this I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Great console with at this point of its lifespan a great catalogue of 1st party Nintendo titles like Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, Pikmin, etc...

Mario in HD is just such a beautiful site to behold.

Limpar wrote: »
    Where did you get the deal for 199?

Smyths. Offer is still on:

smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/

Had to remove URL format from the link above to post because I'm a new user/low post count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I posted this in the other thread about the same thing, but anyone got an idea of the trade-in value for Fifa 13 & Quiz Party... or any idea if Gamestop are taking some of the included games as trade-ins toward a copy of MarioKart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If you trade in the four extra games at a CeX store you can get €24 towards other games or whatever. Or €16.40 cash price.

Wii U Games
    Fifa 13 - €6 traded in
    Mario & Sonic - €12 traded in

Wii Games
    Metroid Other M - €2 traded in
    Wii Quiz Party - €4 traded in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Thanks OP..
    I fancy getting a game console unit, but clueless about it all at the same time. I prefer shoot em up games, but i did like the original wii idea in the beginning.
    This seems cheap enough too.
    What all comes with this pack? How many controls and such?

Is this completely different from the original wii with its nunchuk-type controls? Do those controls come with this wii u?
    Will all the old wii games work with wii u, including wii fit? Are they all backward compatible with this new wii u?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Thanks OP..
    I fancy getting a game console unit, but clueless about it all at the same time. I prefer shoot em up games, but i did like the original wii idea in the beginning.
    This seems cheap enough too.
    What all comes with this pack? How many controls and such?

Is this completely different from the original wii with its nunchuk-type controls? Do those controls come with this wii u?
    Will all the old wii games work with wii u, including wii fit? Are they all backward compatible with this new wii u?

http://bfy.tw/mu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I didn't get the €20 voucher with mine... Did anyone else get it?

You get the 4 games OR the €20 voucher. You don't get both. Did you get the 4 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Super tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I got the voucher. For anyone that does get the bundle, be prepared to spend over 2 hours staring at the unit as it updates. As Wind Waker is a download code only, you have to update before you can download the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

If I hadnt just picked up a PS4, I would definitely be getting this! Great deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I got the voucher. For anyone that does get the bundle, be prepared to spend over 2 hours staring at the unit as it updates. As Wind Waker is a download code only, you have to update before you can download the game...

How many Gigs of disk space does the download eat up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

ah crap, always on the radar to get one, and pay day today :-)

Is the smyths deal better though, basic wii u and any game for 199?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-u/

Is it worth the trade off to get the better game to go for the basic model?

lol, you dont know then. but yeah, thanks. :rolleyes:

Mr E wrote: »
    You get the 4 games OR the €20 voucher. You don't get both. Did you get the 4 games?

Are you sure about that? No mention of only 1 special offer being applicable on the argos website. I would have thought that would be made clear somewhere obvious on the website page?
    It does mention the the cashback vouchers are only avilable in-store..

• Advertisement

Sorry, you're right. The offers are not mutually exclusive.

Offer 1: €20 voucher
    Offer 2: 4 free games
    Offer 3: Accessory starter pack for €5
    Offer 4: Mario & Sonic Winter Games free (also part of Offer 2)

Its a confusing list of offers. Offer 3 especially. It appears like you should get all of them from what is on the website, but offer 3 seems to cost 5euro when you go to order it. offer 4 is part of offer 2. I dont know...:confused:

djsim101 wrote: »

The Smyths deal is good imo but the Argos deal is fantastic.

If I hadn't bought the basic from Smyths already, I would buy the premium from Argos, trade the games (not Wind Waker though) in at CEX and put them towards Mario Kart 8 or another Mario title.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

lol, you dont know then. but yeah, thanks. :rolleyes:

A simple Google search is the answer to you're problems my friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I was thinking that alright, prop go with the premium but not much difference between them tbh so I wouldn't be too much put out in picking up the basic model. I prefer kart that Zelda myself also.

A simple Google search is the answer to you're problems my friend!
    well not quite since it wasnt the answer before i asked on boards! But your link did help. Its how you ask the question...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Male30something

I crazy want one, but I know I don't have the time these days. The price is very tempting though, good find.

Are you sure about that? No mention of only 1 special offer being applicable on the argos website. I would have thought that would be made clear somewhere obvious on the website page?
    It does mention the the cashback vouchers are only avilable in-store..
    Mr E wrote: »
    Sorry, you're right. The offers are not mutually exclusive.

Offer 1: €20 voucher
    Offer 2: 4 free games
    Offer 3: Accessory starter pack for €5
    Offer 4: Mario & Sonic Winter Games free (also part of Offer 2)

Sorry just for clarity, are you saying you should expect to receive all 4 offers when buying this in store?

If yes then why are the offers separated when buying online?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-u/

Roark wrote: »
    The Smyths deal is good imo but the Argos deal is fantastic.

If I hadn't bought the basic from Smyths already, I would buy the premium from Argos, trade the games (not Wind Waker though) in at CEX and put them towards Mario Kart 8 or another Mario title.
    I was thinking that alright, prop go with the premium but not much difference between them tbh so I wouldn't be too much put out in picking up the basic model. I prefer kart that Zelda myself also.

Isn't the Smyths one only 8GB vs the 32GB model in Argos?

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Isn't the Smyths one only 8GB vs the 32GB model in Argos?

Yes it is

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well it is eminently hackable which is part of the reason I'm thinking of getting one so you can get "free" games to some extent ;)

Sorry just for clarity, are you saying you should expect to receive all 4 offers when buying this in store?

If yes then why are the offers separated when buying online?
    Clarity? why would you expect that? :rolleyes:
    It seems the offers have different expiry dates and there is nothing to say you only get one offer.

It seems the offers have different expiry dates and there is nothing to say you only get one offer.

Ok so it's just an assumption. Has anyone had experience of similar deals where multiple offers have been combined before?

The other poster mentioned they didn't get the vouchers or starter kit.

Can anyone who got this deal verify what offer or offers they got with it?

There seems to be some confusion over it. I only got the four games, no voucher or starter kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

You only ever get one of the deals, if you want the voucher you have to reserve the console without adding the 4 games or the starter kit.

This has always been the way that argos deals work. They give you a choice of which deal you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

pm1977x wrote: »
    How many Gigs of disk space does the download eat up?

Sorry mate I never checked, will do so later.

Sorry mate I never checked, will do so later.

No worries thanks, just curious how much room it takes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm pretty tempted and I could possibly justify buying it for the chisler who's just started playing around with the Wii...The thing is I really don't like the look of the controller and never have (it's tab/remote gaming functionality is pretty cool though).

Shred wrote: »
    The thing is I really don't like the look of the controller and never have (it's tab/remote gaming functionality is pretty cool though).

You can use all the controllers that were available on the Wii

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Classic_Controllers

This one might be better: http://ie.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Wii_Classic_Controller_Pro

Hmm kinda on the fence about this since discovering you don't get the €20 voucher as well as the games (as per thread title).
    I imagine that the price for this will continue to drop over the coming months although perhaps this edition won't be around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

pm1977x wrote: »
    No worries thanks, just curious how much room it takes up.

The game is 1.8 GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

To throw the cat among the pigeons, I got this today with the 4 games, and thirty quid worth of vouchers.
    Anyone on the fence should go down to their Argos and explain the deal,and hope for the best.

To throw the cat among the pigeons, I got this today with the 4 games, and thirty quid worth of vouchers.
    Anyone on the fence should go down to their Argos and explain the deal,and hope for the best.

Interesting, so did you have a reservation then just ask to talk to the manager before paying?

I take it the extra tenner was in lieu of the starter pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

I got this in Omni today mentioned the €20 offer and that there was no option to select it alone so it must be included but the lady didn't give me it. I did get the usual €10 Argos voucher for spending over €100.

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    I got this in Omni today mentioned the €20 offer and that there was no option to select it alone so it must be included but the lady didn't give me it. I did get the usual €10 Argos voucher for spending over €100.
    I got the same, those argos offers dont make sense, and should be made a lot clearer on the website!

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The game is 1.8 GB

Nice one, thanks!

How did they come up with 30 in vouchers? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Interesting, so did you have a reservation then just ask to talk to the manager before paying?

I take it the extra tenner was in lieu of the starter pack?

I had a reservation yeah. I talked to the cashier and explained it, manager was OK with it. Extra tenner was for spending over a hundred euro, it's an offer that started today.

I had a reservation yeah. I talked to the cashier and explained it, manager was OK with it. Extra tenner was for spending over a hundred euro, it's an offer that started today.

Might give it a shot. Definitely interested if I can get €30 back although it sucks they aren't selling many Wii U games :/

I think you were lucky. My cashier told me its pick one offer or another. :(
    But the offers dont make a lot of sense either.. IMO you should get the 20 euro cash vouchers for sure, with the other offers, coz that is how it reads on the website! I was in a little bit of a rush and was happy to get a tenner.. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement