Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still on iPhone 5/4s?

• 24-05-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is still with the iPhone 5 or 4s? I got the 5 at launch day 3 years ago and haven't seen a need to upgrade at all - great screen, small & light, good camera, does everything I want it to and lasts a whole day for me, if I'm not heavily texting or browsing. It's starting to get a little bit laggy on newer apps that take advantage of the newer processors but nothing to justify an upgrade.

Honestly the newer models seem to just give more of the same, but a bit faster. Still haven't seen a compelling reason to upgrade.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Still on a 5 too, battery life is not great but I'm not overly sold on the newer models either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Still on 4S with 8.3. Works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Using 3GS as a work mobile on 6.1.6., battery time is so much better than my 4S. Camera is poor though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Elessar wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here is still with the iPhone 5 or 4s? I got the 5 at launch day 3 years ago and haven't seen a need to upgrade at all - great screen, small & light, good camera, does everything I want it to and lasts a whole day for me, if I'm not heavily texting or browsing. It's starting to get a little bit laggy on newer apps that take advantage of the newer processors but nothing to justify an upgrade.

Honestly the newer models seem to just give more of the same, but a bit faster. Still haven't seen a compelling reason to upgrade.

If you used a 6 for a few weeks, going back to a 5 almost feels prehistoric!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

blade1 wrote: »
    If you used a 6 for a few weeks, going back to a 5 almost feels prehistoric!:pac:

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I've been seriously considering downgrading from the 6 to a 5s (which I've had previously). The size of the screen on the 6 model is just unnecessarily big for me, I regretted upgrading last year after it became cumbersome to use one-handed and the double-tap function to move the display content downwards just goes to show how compromising on one-handed use is on the newer models.

The 6+ version actually makes me shudder, considering how I never got used to the size of the 6. :pac: I've owned iPhones since the 3GS, and personally I find the latest jump in screen size a step too far. My opinion of course, I know alot of people who are happy with the new models, but I was looking at my friends 5s the other day and said to myself, I really really miss this fella! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Using a 4 here, have a notification ages now to upgrade software but couldn't be bothered. Works fine, reasonable camera, battery life could be better but I manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

I have the 5s, it my first iPhone having used android based phones for many years i finally took the plunge on an iPhone and have no regrets.

Having used and handled friends iPhones form the 3GS and up i think the 5s is the best one they have made in terms of its size and specs (love the finger sensor button).

The 6 and 6+ is just to big for me so i just wouldn't consider these models, but each to there own, i think they got it just right imo with the 4 to the 5s i wish that they had added a sd slot for extra storage on all models,maybe in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I went from the 4s to the 6.

And I just wouldn't go back.

The screen size is perfect. The phone is beautiful.

Extra features such as fingerprint sensor are a real plus.

The speed upgrades over the 4s are huge.

I couldn't go back to a smaller phone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Had them all. Recently went from 5S to 6.

Could never go back. I think they nailed the size this time around, although, i'd like a redesigned home button and push the earpiece and camera north, to allow a bigger display inside the current shell.
    That said, the 6+, as nice as the screen is, would be just too cumbersome for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Still using the iPhone 5 32GB, battery had gone bad but I replaced it myself for €15 (bought off amazon). Good as new now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

16GB iPhone 5.

While I felt no pressing need to upgrade to the 6 last year, I’m starting to long for more storage and a better camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I am gone back to my iPhone 5 from googles Nexus 6 running android 5 and it's still the business IMO. Experience is just as good all I'm missing is hardware wise stuff like big screen and front facing speakers. Everything else is just as good on the iPhone as it was on googles current flagship.

Grand phone the nexus but Jesus the bugs are unreal and the amount of time waiting on a fix! Never mind how long I'd be waiting on a fix for an android like a Samsung.

Have an issue where it loses coverage data for ages and can't get it back without a reboot! It's a known issue along with random shutdowns and such.

That's it I've given android so many chances back to trusty Apple for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I'm on a 5s right now. Performance is still excellent, even running beta updates. My iPhone 4 became horribly slow on iOS 7. Had to upgrade.

Advertisement