Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality of marriage and love

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are nutters in this world, and in this context, their influence is limited to handing out idiotic flyers outside supermarkets. so it's a good news story if you want to look at it that way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Mr Clerkin comes across as though he may have issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

One person handing out weird pamphlets doesn't represent public opinion.

It's just one individual with a bit of an odd view of the world who has quite likely been rattled by the recent referendum.

The 50:50 radio and TV coverage also brought some very artificial notions of legitimacy & size to the No side that that really don't have in terms of public opinion.

I'd say best not to blow out of proportion and grant huge amounts of free publicity on social media by taking pics of survey to express outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/Tiernanbrady

Live-tweeting the appeals to the MarRef. If you sense a taste of salt while reading it, those are just the tears of the appellants. Delicious, salty tears...

Brady wrote:
    Judge asking how can article 41 "If a majority of votes are cast in favour" be interpreted differently from its literal sense
    I can't see this ending cheaply for the appellants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

objector says yes/no choice on the ballot is not simple enough. Doesn't provide clarity

I'm picturing a person attempting to put a X in the box with the wrong end of the pencil.
    objector says majority of registered votes are required, not a majority of votes cast. People who didn't vote are being ignored.

This is even better than the people who voted no not being represented.

Maybe if they spent more money on the campaign before this they wouldnt need o be this stupid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bad Horse wrote: »

Live-tweeting the appeals to the MarRef. If you sense a taste of salt while reading it, those are just the tears of the appellants. Delicious, salty tears...

OMG, just going through his tweets now. Are they real? :eek: They're like something Spike Milligan would put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

https://twitter.com/Tiernanbrady/status/626722494804815872
    Every proposal for an amendment of this Constitution which is submitted by Referendum to the decision of the people shall, for the purpose of Article 46 of this Constitution, be held to have been approved by the people, if, upon having been so submitted, a majority of the votes cast at such Referendum shall have been cast in favour of its enactment into law.

"I reject your reality and I substitute my own".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

"objector now talking about diseases the people should be informed about which gay people get. Not funny anymore "

"Objector to #marref result claims facial recognition software used to deny voters secret ballot citing 19th century landlords"

"Objector to #marref result claims separation of church & State is unconstitutional as all authority flows from the most holy trinity."

.....hard to know where to begin, really. Too tired to search for a picture of a product featuring lots of nuts....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nodin wrote: »
    Too tired to search for a picture of a product featuring lots of nuts....

Vatican.jpg

• Advertisement

"You are all unique!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

"I'm not"

Surely nobody could be this stupid. It has to be a troll with money backing him up attempting to drag this out just because he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I read those from the bottom up. I went from giggling to facedesking pretty damn quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

How do I stop following this beating a dead horse thread on the app ?

Both cases rejected. Everyone can pretend to be surprised.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/middle-east/six-stabbed-at-gay-pride-march-in-jerusalem-1.2302405
    An Orthodox Jewish man stabbed and injured six participants of an annual Gay Pride march in Jerusalem on Thursday, police and witnesses said.

It was the worst attack in years on the event in Jerusalem, a city where the religious population is more prominent than in other parts of Israel.

“I saw an ultra-Orthodox youth stabbing everyone in his way,” said Shai Aviyor, a witness interviewed on Israeli television.
    The march, which attracts thousands of participants, has long been a focus of tension between Israel’s predominantly secular majority and the ultra-Orthodox Jewish minority, who object to public displays of homosexuality.

Oded Fried, the head of a leading gay rights group, said the march would go on despite the attack. “Our struggle for equality only intensifies in the face of such events,” he said

I'm sure his god told him to,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Same guy stabbed 3 people at Gay Pride in 2005
    He was sentenced to 12 Years and got out 3 weeks ago and pulls same sh!t again, this time stabbing 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Both cases rejected. Everyone can pretend to be surprised.

Is that it now or can this still be delayed by these appeals somehow?

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    Is that it now or can this still be delayed by these appeals somehow?

I think thats it now. Its ready to go through the processes to bring it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

robindch wrote: »
    I can't see this ending cheaply for the appellants.

And yea, it did come to pass.

"In opposing applications for costs against them made by Michael McDowell SC, for various State parties, both men argued they brought their applications in the public interest and because they believed the views of those opposed to same-sex marriage were not represented by the State during the referendum campaign. The court awarded costs against both men."
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/appeal-court-clears-last-legal-obstacle-to-same-sex-marriage-1.2302482

Only went on a day, so I can't see it ruining them. A good kick though, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

This is even better than the people who voted no not being represented.

Maybe if they spent more money on the campaign before this they wouldnt need o be this stupid now.

I'd bet that if the Con Artists known as Lolek Ltd. ever got round to publishing their books and funding, you'd find that they actually did spend a lot of money on the referendum, possibly quite a lot more than was spent by the whole of the yes side.

What really suprised and disappointed me about the Phoenix coverage of the funding was that they went after the open, transparent and proper Chuck Feeney donations, yet didn't even take one look at who or what were funding Lolek et al and why they had to be so secretive about it. It's as if the publisher of the Phoenix was letting his personal animus to Feeney get in the way of good journalism (just like with his one-eyed "analysis" of the Ukraine crisis).

"You are all unique!"

It's "you are all different"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nodin wrote: »
    A good kick though, I'd imagine.

To those two, perhaps.

To those who put them up to it, not at all, that's provided even if they don't lie, cheat and weasel out of their debts like mother church does.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

It's as if the publisher of the Phoenix was letting his personal animus to Feeney get in the way of good journalism (just like with his one-eyed "analysis" of the Ukraine crisis).
    Oh lordy, was there some outlet providing, heretofore unbeknownst to me, the finest wisdom the Kremlin's money could buy?

The Phoenix would be a great magazine and a much-needed corrective if they'd just sharpen up the humour a bit, dump the unfunny and badly drawn Keyes cartoons, and shed their Provo blinkers...

[...] some outlet providing, heretofore unbeknownst to me, the finest wisdom the Kremlin's money could buy?
    The Phoenix would be [...] great [...] if they'd [...] shed their Provo blinkers...
    I'll take that as a resounding "Yes".

Never quite understood why most of SF, and apparently all the provos, vigorously support Putin's colonial invasion of Ukraine and the massacres of civilians there, when you'd have thought they'd be naturally inclined to support the other side, it being a recently-released-from-colonial-duty country and all.

No doubt it comes down to money.

Although back in the 'good days' when they were getting vast sums from New England I don't recall a pro-American bent :pac:

The game was up for the 'liberation movement' when the planes went into the twin towers and the US could no longer turn a blind eye to funding of overseas terrorists.

• Advertisement

Oh lordy, was there some outlet providing, heretofore unbeknownst to me, the finest wisdom the Kremlin's money could buy?

I don't think so, I believe it's more of a case that he's blinkered by the "America bad, not-America good" ideology so favourable of the post-modernist left.

Advertisement