Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality of marriage and love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Gintonious wrote: »
    Back to being an electrician.

He's not the brightest spark, is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ireland is now one big gay steel mill.

nzgfib.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

How long more have I got before my marriage collapses because of all the gayness?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ireland is now one big gay steel mill.

nzgfib.jpg

Yeah, but at least that means the country works hard...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

robindch wrote: »
    That's more of a "legacy" thing than a "what people want thing". The intention of the US constitution's restriction on two-term presidents is that the electorate will get an energetic president in his/her first term and one taking a long view in any second term ..
    Its not a "what people want" thing, nor is it a "long term view" thing. Its what he wants.
    The lame duck period is a notorious time for politicians to pursue their own personal agenda and bestow favours on buddies, without fear of consequence from the electorate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The Presbyterian Minister from The North who welcomed the result of SSM referendum in The South has been recanted.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/presbyterian-minister-retracts-welcome-for-same-sex-marriage-result-1.2361722
    The only Presbyterian Minister in Ireland who publicly welcomed the result of last May’s same sex referendum in the Republic in favour of same sex marriage has recanted.

Following the referendum Rev Christina Bradley, who ministers in Portadown Co Armagh, described the 62 per cent majority as “inclusive and compassionate.” She told the Portadown Times: “The referendum wasn’t a debate on the institution of marriage as the basis of human society as we know it, but about ending discrimination.

“Who is the state and who is the church in a democratic society? It is the people. The people (of the Republic) have voted by an overwhelming 62.1 per cent majority to be inclusive and compassionate.” Rev Bradley, minister at Armagh Road Presbyterian Church in Portandown, continued: “This warm-heartedness is good to see in a world which often is a cold place as much for women in leadership as it is for gay and lesbian people in churches. I welcome the yes vote.” Her comments prompted the Church to set up a special commission to investigate her same sex views. Its conclusion was read out in her church on Armagh Road Portadown last Sunday while she looked on.

The statement said: “Mrs Bradley confirmed to Presbytery that she fully accepts the teaching of the Westminster Confession of Faith, that ‘marriage is to be between one man and one woman’. Mrs Bradley also confirms that same-sex marriage is contrary to the will of God revealed in the Bible and accepts that homosexual practice is sinful in God’s sight.” “Mrs Bradley also accepted that her welcoming of the same-sex referendum vote was ‘open to misinterpretation’, and said that she ‘had no intention of bringing the Church into disrepute’.”

Canon Charles Kenny, spokesperson for Ireland’s gay affirming group Faith in Marriage Equality, said he “was dismayed that such pressure had been put on the Presbyterian Minister to recant”. The Presbyterian Church in Ireland “was trying to shut down discussion in the Church on the inclusion of its gay and lesbian members” he said and that he knew “members of the Presbyterian Church, lay and clergy, who were affirming of gay people but were too frightened to say so”. He predicted that “the action of the Church would send a very damaging message to its gay members and make the Presbyterian Church in Ireland an even colder place for them and their families”.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The Presbyterian Minister from The North who welcomed the result of SSM referendum in The South has been recanted.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/presbyterian-minister-retracts-welcome-for-same-sex-marriage-result-1.2361722

So basically she was told, take it back or you're out of a job.....
    Its all about the peace and love,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

But Dr Murray said the poster seemed to suggest that it was wrong to put forward one type of relationship as ideal and that a teacher who did that could be accused of putting down pupils in the class who were not part of that kind of family.

Well that would be what they are doing.

Some of the comments are great, one person saying iona are putting forward the beliefs of 85% of the country and another person saying that the majority of people didnt vote for SSM.

Then there the people who wish to discriminate against a group of people talking about tolerance.

• Advertisement

Some of the comments are great, one person saying iona are putting forward the beliefs of 85% of the country and another person saying that the majority of people didnt vote for SSM.

They are that deluded to be honest, they'll ignore the actual figures that only 30% of that 80% odd actually go to mass and out of those 10% don't even believe in god.
    Then there the people who wish to discriminate against a group of people talking about tolerance.

Just tolerance for their catholic "beliefs" of course. :D
    To hell with tolerance towards actual living humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dr Murray said the Iona Institute was very much in favour of all teachers respecting human dignity and being anti-bullying, "but it has to be done in a way that is in harmony with the ethos of the school".

"Yeah, respecting human dignity and being anti-bullying is fine, obviously, but what's even more important is ensuring children aren't taught to respect human dignity and being anti-bullying."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Congratulating the Republic in Portadown.....that alone needs a medal for bravery awarded.

"Her comments prompted the Church to set up a special commission to investigate her same sex views. Its conclusion was read out in her church on Armagh Road Portadown last Sunday while she looked on."

....surprised they didn't make her walk naked to the church beforehand.

Penn wrote: »
    "Yeah, respecting human dignity and being anti-bullying is fine, obviously, but what's even more important is ensuring children aren't taught to respect human dignity and being anti-bullying."

He was on the radio essetinally saying "Yes, I'm all for this as long as I'm allowed say traditional marriage of a man and woman is the best". And saying "gospel of Jesus" a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Iona are hiring a Research Officer

I wonder if you could get a job there (lying about your religion), then once hired, say you've changed your religion and see if they try to fire you, then sue them for religious discrimination.

Or just kick David Quinn in the nuts and run away. Either or.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭Daith

Have they always included the "importance of marriage in our society" bit? I thought it was always just "promoting religion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

It's about time they got someone to do a bit of research before they opened their mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Daith wrote: »
    Have they always included the "importance of marriage in our society" bit? I thought it was always just "promoting religion".

No apparently it was recently added. Its an odd one. They can hardly think that they can reverse equal marriage?

I wonder if you could get a job there (lying about your religion), then once hired, say you've changed your religion and see if they try to fire you, then sue them for religious discrimination.

I'd say somebody might apply for just that reason :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd say somebody might apply for just that reason :)

Would Iona come under section 37?

• Advertisement

AFAIK the website has had a reference to the importance of marriage for some time. I remember seeing it there at least a year or two ago.

Dmitri Peskov - Putin's spokesman and, famously, owner of a watch five times his annual salary and more expensive than a townhouse in Dalkey - has denied that Putin spoke with Elton John:
    Mr Peskov's back in the news again - this time saying that yes, Putin did speak with Elton John.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34346595

Would love to hear the readout.

lazygal wrote: »
    How long more have I got before my marriage collapses because of all the gayness?

It might have started already. Have you been carefully monitoring yourself, husband, children and family pets for signs of impending gayness?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nodin wrote: »
    It might have started already. Have you been carefully monitoring yourself, husband, children and family pets for signs of impending gayness?

I've been moisturising recently. Now I know why.

oscarBravo wrote: »

That and looking in the mirror once a month (for men) are indeed indicators. I prescribe more meat in the diet and the daily application of leeches for an hour at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Or just kick David Quinn in the nuts and run away. Either or.

Someone should kick you in the nuts.

Also, as pig ignorant as you are to not know, misrepresenting yourself for a contract can be a major criminal offence and you would hopefully end up in jail. Wouldn't be too funny then would it smartass.

Someone should kick you in the nuts.

Also, as pig ignorant as you are to not know, misrepresenting yourself for a contract can be a major criminal offence and you would hopefully end up in jail. Wouldn't be too funny then would it smartass.

Iona really does need better spokespersons.

Mod:
    [...] pig ignorant [...]
    Indeed.

Carded for incivility.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

lazygal wrote: »

It gets worse, soon people won't know that you're a solid, reliable, moral, 100% hetersexualiness person just because they know you're married. Imagine being asked to clarify whether one's bethrothed is a man or a woman! This sort of shocking indignity is where modern permissive society has led us. Next thing you know we'll have funny posters of non-traditional families on the wall in schools, some fella who has a mother and two dads or something like that, and she's a virgin so explain THAT, obviously she's a smokescreen for the two fellas, how are kids supposed to be able to cope?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

oscarBravo wrote: »
    On a related note I've realized I've been washing my hands with my gf's moisturizer for the last while, no doubt planted on the sink by the gay lobby.

Advertisement