Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality of marriage and love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ronan Mullen, bitter to the very end. I will admit, it's great seeing him suffer though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

recedite wrote: »
    Mills seems to want to be the object of people's hate. Freud would probably have had a name for the condition the poor guy is afflicted with.

Trollism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yep, https://twitter.com/KeithM

Seems to also like views of Cora Sherlock also, its clear his new bandwagon to support is in relation to not repealing the 8th.
    Scarily he's also a fan of the witch thats now dead - https://twitter.com/KeithM/status/653848708254167040

He also has no problem with FF having so many male TD's - https://twitter.com/KeithM/status/647374866669285376
    They do have ALOT of men in the party
    90393467.jpg

This seems fitting:

BlVm86aCMAAavun.jpg

His twitter is an odd bit of reading. A person who retweets fidelma for any reason other than laughing isn't a person to be trusted.

Ronan has made me interested in voting in the Seanad, just so I can vote for anyone but him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is that FF image real or photoshopped?

Fidelma's a vaccine crank, by the sounds of things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Remember that priest who came out just before the Vatican's latest "Synod on the Family" and was summarily fired?

Well, he's returned with fists swinging:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34654581

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Remember that priest who came out just before the Vatican's latest "Synod on the Family" and was summarily fired?

:pac:

lazygal wrote: »
    [...] fists swinging [...]
    Pugilistically rather than langorously :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No side are still very upset

http://www.thejournal.ie/broadcasting-ideas-complaints-2413183-Oct2015/
    The complainant states, that in his opinion, the presenter showed little impartiality during this interview. He states that the answers to some questions posed by the presenter were not fully answered by Quinn due to consistent interruptions by the presenter with further questions.

Wounder was Iona the complainant? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cabaal wrote: »
    No side are still very upset

http://www.thejournal.ie/broadcasting-ideas-complaints-2413183-Oct2015/

Wounder was Iona the complainant? :pac:

Wait, the No side didn't get the exact same amount of time as the Yes side and had to face harder questions?

THE REFERENDUM IS VOID! I REPEAT, THE REFERENDUM IS VOID!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Calling on people to abandon the church he's still a member of the clergy of?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement

Waterford Whispers investigages Mr Charamsa:

http://tinyurl.com/o29cd94
    A GAY Roman Catholic priest who was fired from his position within the Vatican after he revealed he was in a homosexual relationship has been told by Pope Francis to “**** right off”. While Pope Francis is the most forward thinking and progressive Pope in Pope history, Polish born priest Krzysztof Charamsa accused the Vatican of making the lives of homosexuals around the world a “hell”.

“Ah, no Francis is doing his best. Yer man was probably too gay, I doubt it’s Pope Francis’s fault,” explained 25-year-old amateur Catholic Aisling Healy, “like, Pope Francis is class, he doesn’t think gay lads should burn in Hell for eternity, well, secretly he probably doesn’t”. Charasma went on to state he would “publicly reject the violence of the Church towards homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual and intersexual people”, but Vatican insiders have confirmed Pope Francis has told him, in a brief three word statement, to “**** right off”.

“It’s not even about him being gay, it’s that he’s supposed to be celibate. It’s only fair he should have been stripped of his position on the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith,” explained Ciaran Lyons, who somehow still thinks he’s getting into Heaven despite his continued use of condoms during pre-marital intercourse. The subsequent resignation by Charamsa, and his criticism of the Church serves as a blow to the veneer of Pope Francis as a progressive 78-year-old man who believes he is the direct representative on Earth of a big man in the sky.

And more worryingly a recent poll on Buzzfeed which stated Pope Francis would be the most likely Pope tattoo readers would get now looks to lay in tatters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Riyadh and Miss Panti and their favourite commenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭Daith

Penn wrote: »
    Wait, the No side didn't get the exact same amount of time as the Yes side and had to face harder questions?

THE REFERENDUM IS VOID! I REPEAT, THE REFERENDUM IS VOID!

Well the best result from this is that the people complaining won't have to worry when they hear a queer fella on the radio anymore.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/bill-allowing-for-same-sex-marriage-signed-into-law-1.2410678
    A Bill to enact the outcome of the referendum on same-sex marriage has been signed into law.

The Presidential Commission - which is made up of the Chief Justice, the Ceann Comhairle of the Dáil and the Cathaoirleach of the Seanad - on Thursday signed the Marriage Bill 2015 in the absence of President Michael D Higgins, who is on an official visit to the US.

Minister for Justice Frances Fitzgerald must now issue a commencement order which will allow same-sex couples to start getting married.

Briefcase wanker is now in the corner rocking back and forth hoping somebody thats gay doesn't try to marry him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Who's briefcase wanker?

Here's an article on a guy whom I'm sure has a briefcase:

http://www.thejournal.ie/ronan-mullen-interview-2012672-Mar2015/

Same guy had food in a well-known pizzeria on Westland Row recently. Came within a cappuccino of going over to him and having a firmly-expressed word about what he and his ilk do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Same guy had food in a well-known pizzeria on Westland Row recently. Came within a cappuccino of going over to him and having a firmly-expressed word about what he and his ilk do.
    Look, some people like pineapple on their pizza, some don't, there's enough room in this world for the both of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Yebbut, a man marrying a pineapple is all sorts of wrong. He'll be doing all sorts of despicable things with it like putting it on a pizza or in a potato salad!

There's no mention of men marrying pineapples in The Bible and that's all there is to it!

Pineapple. In a potato salad.

#theendisnigh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can't make jelly with pineapple, it won't set. There is a moral there somewhere I think.

• Advertisement

Yet I have eaten pineapple jelly. Explain THAT, anananasists.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Yet I have eaten pineapple jelly. Explain THAT, anananasists.

Yet again the Pineapple Mafia get a free pass thanks to their pals in The Meejah. :mad:

Once pineapple has been heated to a fairly high temperature you can make jelly with it because it inactivates the whatevertheyares that stop it setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Jelly science.
    One time a few years ago we had liquid trifle on Christmas day. The great idea of putting a few chopped kiwis into the jelly turned out to be "not so great". At the time I was convinced it hadn't been long enough in the fridge, so it was my idea to put the trifle in the freezer for an hour :o
    The ingredients were too good to waste though. Sometimes you just have to suck it up. There must be a moral in that too. Someone should write a book on jelly morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Has the world not ended yet?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/patrick-smyth-houston-bathrooms-are-the-latest-battle-ground-for-lgbt-rights-1.2412014
    What started in 2013 as a straightforward human rights nondiscrimination proposition, the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (Hero), adopted by the council last year like similar measures in nine other Texas cities, has provoked a deratification referendum, bizarrely tagged the “bathroom ordinance”, which is to be voted on next week.

Opponents contend Hero’s provisions would infringe their religious beliefs against homosexuality, and Hero makes no reference to public conveniences.

But it has been interpreted by its opponents, in a grotesque demonisation of transgender people, to imply the right of transgender women to enter women’s toilets potentially traumatising girls and young women.

Or, worse still, allegedly, to allow a rapist impersonating a woman to skulk in and commit unspeakable crimes.

In a campaign of TV ads for the quashing of Hero, former Houston Astros star Lance Berkman expresses his concern that his wife and four daughters might be attacked in bathrooms by “troubled men”. Berkman also says the idea of transgender people is “a little strange to [him]”.

A Campaign for Houston ad depicts a young girl entering a cubicle followed by a man as a narrator solemnly intones the preposterous lines: “Any man at any time could enter a woman’s bathroom simply by claiming to be a woman that day. No one is exempt; even registered sex offenders could follow women or young girls into the bathroom, and if a business tried to stop them, they’d be fined. Protect women’s privacy. Prevent danger. Vote ‘No’ on the Proposition 1 ‘bathroom ordinance’. It goes too far.”

looksee wrote: »
    Once pineapple has been heated to a fairly high temperature you can make jelly with it because it inactivates the whatevertheyares that stop it setting.

By whatevertheyares do you mean Jesus?

lazygal wrote: »
    By whatevertheyares do you mean Jesus?

I'm not aware of any instances of Jesus stopping jelly from setting? I have no idea what his views were regarding pineapple on pizza.

Same-sex marriage bill passed (then blocked) in Northern Ireland
    Four previous attempts to introduce same-sex marriage in Stormont were narrowly defeated.

http://www.thejournal.ie/northern-ireland-bill-same-sex-marriage-2421535-Nov2015/
    In an open letter, Catholic Church leaders had earlier urged MLAs to take a stand against the vote.

The great defenders of the moral high ground continue to preach hatred,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement