Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewing course in Galway?

Options
  • 24-05-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi! I would like to learn how to brew beers and I've been looking for a brewing course/ training in Galway city. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

contact www.homebrewwest.ie they would know if any are going on in the Galway area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I think homebrewwest are running a course at the end of June, although it seems to be aimed at those looking to start a microbrewery

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/setting-up-a-small-brewery-1-day-courses-387-c.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

One of the homebrewers in Galway might let you tag along when they're doing a brew some day. There's a club that meets roughly monthly in the city to do tastings of homebrew and discuss everything homebrewing. A search for "Galway homebrewers Club" will point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Murilotdb wrote: »
    Hi! I would like to learn how to brew beers and I've been looking for a brewing course/ training in Galway city. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you!

Teach yourself, web is full of info and get a few books . Its not difficult if you really want to learn you'll be brewing in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murilotdb

Thank you very much for the replies! The idea of tagging along with a homebrewer sounds very good. I am sure I would learn a lot faster this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

tag along to a local brewer and you will be flying. there is a good youtube channel called craigtube .....a canadian guy who shows it step by step .
    https://www.youtube.com/user/CraigTube
    he is a little bit crazy but also funny in a good way

Advertisement