Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AHD Camera / DVR

Options
  • 24-05-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anyone familiar with Analogue High Def (AHD) cameras and DVR's? If so a few questions

Can you run a AHD camera on a standard DVR or must it be an AHD DVR? If so what's the spec I need to identify on the DVR that tells me it's a AHD DVR?

Can I utilise the existing coaxial cable with the current analogue cameras, or must I run a new cat5

I use an app called IDMSS, can this app be used with any DVR? I only ask as I am comfortable using it for last few year, don't want to learn any new buttons etc

I believe the AHD stuff is only out since last year, so obviously it's new, but I'm told it's the dogs b*

Thanks

Advertisement