Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to live in Dublin for easy access to the city

Options
  • 24-05-2015 12:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am considering a move to Dublin in the next 6 months and I am wondering where would be the best place to live considering the following locations I could get work

I'm single so I am looking for easy access to the city and back at night(weekends mainly) but also somewhere that wouldn't be a pain to commute to work

Considering my field there are a number of Jobs in the following locations I could apply for

Grange Castle

Dun Laoghaire

Bray

Baldoyle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I am considering a move to Dublin in the next 6 months and I am wondering where would be the best place to live considering the following locations I could get work

I'm single so I am looking for easy access to the city and back at night(weekends mainly) but also somewhere that wouldn't be a pain to commute to work

Considering my field there are a number of Jobs in the following locations I could apply for

Grange Castle

Dun Laoghaire

Bray

Baldoyle

Along the DART line for three of the above (Grange Castle excluded).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

From that list, I would choose Dún laoghaire. I would make sure I was right beside the dart though. You could get into the City centre in about 40 minutes. It is also quite a scenic journey. You also have lots of amenities in Dún Laoghaire for thpse days you don't want to bother heading into the city centre. You have a cinema, lots of shops etv. It is also nice to take a walk along the pier when the weatger is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Grange Castle

Dun Laoghaire

Bray

Baldoyle

You don't give much details in terms of budget or what type of area you want to live in but I'd agree with the other posters, being close to the DART line ticks the box for three of those locations.

I'm guessing you work in pharma given you've listed the locations of Amgen, Gerard, Takeda, Pfizer etc? If so, there are a few more places around the CityWest and Tallaght industrial estates where the Luas Red Line may be applicable.

Advertisement