Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shed without power.

• 24-05-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I'm lucky to have a fantastic shed out back that is slowly turning into my workshop. Howevre the shed has no power so I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for powerless light.

Thanks,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Could you not take an extension lead out to it and hook up a light?

Battery powered lights aren't usually suitable for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Could you not take an extension lead out to it and hook up a light?

Battery powered lights aren't usually suitable for obvious reasons.

You can get really impressive solar powered led lights for exactly this scenario. I got one for the father in law a couple of years back and it's great. Think you can recharge the battery independently aswell.
    I'll see if I can root or the name/make.
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No idea, but if you don't get many answers here you can try on one of the Home and Garden forums - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=875

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

If it's a good shed, I would just bite the bullet and get it sorted properly. Sure, it'll cost a few bob but it's a once off cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

FWZFZZAGBVJBTAK.LARGE.jpg

On a serious note handiest would be an extension lead or get a wire ran from the house and a few plugs put it in. Is the shed particularly far from the house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Thanks all. Will give the one linked to a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Bit on a fancy side but you could always get this installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Get a honda silent briefcase generator.Grand for small stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Those solar lights for sheds and outdoors are great. I have two sheds at the back of the garden and both have solar lights. You can get them from either Aldi/Lidl when they have them in stock or Amazon (there's loads to choose from).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can you not dig a wee trench and run power out to the shed? That's the easiest solution, some PVA tubing, with wire through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Inquitus wrote: »
    Can you not dig a wee trench and run power out to the shed? That's the easiest solution, some PVA tubing, with wire through the middle.

Agree. Anything else sounds like a compromise. Do it right and it will be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

Can you not dig a wee trench
    He wants power, not a toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Run armoured cable through the tubing. That bit harder for chewing wildlife...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Those solar lights for sheds and outdoors are great. I have two sheds at the back of the garden and both have solar lights. You can get them from either Aldi/Lidl when they have them in stock or Amazon (there's loads to choose from).
    Workshop lamps. Very useful indeed

2z8xgsn.jpg

6hlr87.jpg

Advertisement