Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travellers in hospital car park.

Options
  • 24-05-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Huge loads of travellers have taken up residence in the carpark and are using the hospital toilets and showers...

they are paying day tickets and are legally able to stay there...

im sympathetic to the plight of finding somewhere to stay....but camped in a privately run car park is not right for anyone

thoughts

(Not an anti traveller rant)

Comments

Huge loads of travellers have taken up residence in the carpark and are using the hospital toilets and showers...

they are paying day tickets and are legally able to stay there...

im sympathetic to the plight of finding somewhere to stay....but camped in a privately run car park is not right for anyone

thoughts

(Not an anti traveller rant)

Law unto themselves really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

No one will do anything until a group of them set up home near Enda's house.....then you'll see the guards out in force

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Are you joking? Jesus as if it wasn't hard enough to get parked up there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

From what I understand they have paid E15 for a weekly disc, however that is only one disc for a number of parking spaces, they are using the toilets in A&E to wash themselves and their kids, however their mode of transport are mainly top of the range campervans, However one wonders does the E15 cover 'overnight stays', I would safely say that the parking attendents are afraid of their lives to say anything to them, <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Supposedly one of their relatives is in the hospital sick, their King or sumtin. I seen about 30 of them coming out of Kilgallons on the Mall last night about 12:30 am. They seem to all have top of the range camper vans in the carpark of the hospital and are using a rented 132-D Ford Focus to get around. :D..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Carson10 wrote: »
    Supposedly one of their relatives is in the hospital sick, their King or sumtin. I seen about 30 of them coming out of Kilgallons on the Mall last night about 12:30 am. They seem to all have top of the range camper vans in the carpark of the hospital and are using a rented 132-D Ford Focus to get around. :D..
    I hope the king gets well soon or they'll have used up all their annual holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

last thing someone needs when visiting a sick relative is to see this crowd up there, unreal. where are all the local representatives now gone back into the woodwork after getting their mugs in for the photos only last week. they should be dealing with this unacceptable situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

On a similar note, why have they been allowed to stay in the car park on Connaughton Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Another example of why this town is sliding down the inside of a toilet bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

If you mean the travellers back down towards the the ulster bank...

they are there as long as i remember and i believe one of their elders was on dialisis or was a diabetic and couldnt be far from the hospital...so they were plumbed in , and maybe even electriticity aswell...which means its now a dwelling

which now means they have rights on a place that they illegally camped on..and now its gonna cost a FORTUNE to get them out of there...which is just absolutely crazy and laughable.

fellow sligonians...do i have that story right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Will they get a bill for water charges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

But what about there yooman rights?

If you mean the travellers back down towards the the ulster bank...

they are there as long as i remember and i believe one of their elders was on dialisis or was a diabetic and couldnt be far from the hospital...so they were plumbed in , and maybe even electriticity aswell...which means its now a dwelling

which now means they have rights on a place that they illegally camped on..and now its gonna cost a FORTUNE to get them out of there...which is just absolutely crazy and laughable.

fellow sligonians...do i have that story right...

I heard something very similar alright about it. The biggest problem is our indulgence of them in general, this encourages them to continue to behave in that manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looking over at car park now and they seem to be gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Mod:

While I understand people's concerns, a few of these posts are a tad stereotypical. Perhaps, given the fact one of their relatives is ill, a little respect could be shown and the stereotypical comments reeled in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Mod:

While I understand people's concerns, a few of these posts are a tad stereotypical. Perhaps, given the fact one of their relatives is ill, a little respect could be shown and the stereotypical comments reeled in a bit.

A sick relative is no excuse for breaking the law. They aren't entitled to live in the car park.

Respect is given to those who earn it, not those who do as they please with no regard for how it might affect anybody else.

Of course some people will think this is a rant against travelers. It isn't. It's a rant against the people occupying that car-park.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Everyone in that hospital is a sick relative FFS! :rolleyes:
    Only one of them has their family set up an illegal camp and become a drain on the hospital's resources!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 green jay

There are ill people in the hospital who are vulnerable to infection.
    The general public should not be using showers etc because of the danger of cross infection.
    In fact the amount of visitors should be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

The whole thing was badly managed by SRH management and Euro Car Park management. They were nowhere to be seen. Security should have been tougher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Basq wrote: »
    Looking over at car park now and they seem to be gone..

Yah, the King is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭vixdname

Mod:

That there is one stupid comment from a Mod trying to do the "Mod Thing" whatever that is, and portray Boards as a place where Travellers will be given the same respect as everyone else, and rightly so.

Thats why it is completely unacceptable for any family, traveller or otherwise to occupy a private car park in a hospital grounds because one of their family was sick...utterly unacceptable, and that's all people are saying.
    They are not holding an anti traveller discussion only simply expressing their opinions that this behaviour is wrong.
    The car parks are full of relatives concerned and worried about their sick parents, children, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands etc, but you dont see any of them staking claim to the car park for themselves and giving everyone else, including hospital management, the car park operators and security the 2 finger salute.

This is not an anti traveller thing, its all about travellers stating they expect the same respect as settled folk, if so, and like settled folk have to, they have to earn it first and this kind of behaviour does them no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

At the very least they should have had to pay for every space they took up. But knowing how spineless people are to the travelling community I doubt they did. Did they take up a whole section for themselves like a halting site?

at least they're gone, that's the main thing now!
    delighted to know that, may have a relative up there over the weekend and last thing i'd want is for him or me to be looking at that crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

promethius wrote: »
    at least they're gone, that's the main thing now!
    delighted to know that, may have a relative up there over the weekend and last thing i'd want is for him or me to be looking at that crowd

I heard the person they were visiting died. Buried during the week.

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    I heard the person they were visiting died. Buried during the week.

The situation resolved itself so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

And on that note, I think we'll close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement